2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 1:37 AM by 975050 RSS

Display Base64Encoder string(barcode) as image in jsp/email

Hi,

I am trying to display the barcode image in jsp from the Base64Encoder encoded string.
      Earlier i tried to set the output stream of barcode image in the response of the HttpServlet. However, this is not working when i view in the mobile device android/iphone.

Now when i use this Base64Encoder, the string which i am passing to the email template(jsp page), i cant able to view the image when i view in the email(outlook).
      But when open this outlook content(.mht) in browser(IE 8), able to see the image. Also when forward this email to the android/iphone mobile device, able to see the image.

The barcode image is not displayed only when i open the email directly in the outlook/browser.

Please help me to resolve this issue.
        • 1. Re: Display Base64Encoder string(barcode) as image in jsp/email
          Gopinath Ramasamy
          Hi,

Usually, the Outlook client that you are using is configured to not to display the images from unauthorized source. It shows an empty image with X mark.

At the when you open the email with the image, Outlook provides an option something similar to 'Show Images' or 'Display Images'. Select this to see the image.

As long as the image is displayed fine in the web based emails your code works fine. Email clients treat the emails in its own way which cannot be controlled by our code.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
          Gopinath Ramasamy
          • 2. Re: Display Base64Encoder string(barcode) as image in jsp/email
            Hi Gopi,

Thanks for your reply.

when i open the email in outlook, i am getting 'If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view in a web browser'. So when i view in browser(IE) on clikc of this link, the email opened from the temporary internet files(AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\54AMMRVF\email (4).mht)
            Here i am able to see the image.

Suppose if i forward this email to my gmail and opening in a browser, this time i cant see the image. i am getting only the blank space there.