3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 7:50 AM by Jiri.Machotka-Oracle RSS

Localization in Polls taskflows in Webcenter portal

Navin K
      Hi All,

I am working on 11.1.1.6.

I am developing a portal which will support 2 languages English and Arabic. I have done all the configuration and I am able to switch between these two languages.

In my portal I have used the Polls - Take Polls task flow and I am displaying it on my page.

My question is how can I add questions in Poll which will come from some resource bundle or property file ? Because whenever any user clicks on say Poll page and then he clicks on change language button (arabic) then polls should be displayed on arabic. When I tried using
      #{Resource_Bundle_Name.QUESTION1}
      something like this while adding question it is displaying like the same string #{$Resource_Bundle_Name$.QUESTION1}.

1 workaround I found that I have created 2 same polls 1 in english and 1 in arabic and as per the language selected I am swithing b/w these 2 polls. But in that case say any user has participated a poll in english and poll results are displayed now if he will click on arabic then again he can participate in the poll which is not desirable.

I found 1 blog where Yannik has shown how to customize the default taskflow.
      http://yonaweb.be/customizing_taskflows_webcenter_portal
      but I have no idea how to customize the taskflow for localization.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

-- NavinK
        • 1. Re: Localization in Polls taskflows in Webcenter portal
          Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
          Hi Navin,

I'll try to help you to fill in few missing pieces in your mosaic. Note, however, that there is no right or wrong way, so you will need to decide yourself.

As for localization of ADF, this link might be helpful: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15051_01/web.1111/b31973/af_global.htm

Note, however, that your task is not as simple as that. You will also have to decide which task flows you need to customize - see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_polls.htm#CIHGIAIE

Some of these task flows might be desired to show both languages (the Polls Manager), the others might display just one language version, but you need to decide if you want to take this language from user's locales (how is this implemented in the rest of your portal?), or allow a user to toggle the language option option within the task flow (or both - I'd prefer that one).

Another helpful link might be this one: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_polls.htm#CIHJHCEH because it gives a hint which methods might have to be customized.

I hope that helps.
          • 2. Re: Localization in Polls taskflows in Webcenter portal
            Navin K
            Hi jiri.machotka,

Thanks for the reply.
            You will also have to decide which task flows you need to customize
            I am using Polls - Take Polls taskflow and I need to customize that.
            Some of these task flows might be desired to show both languages (the Polls Manager), the others might display just one language version
            In my case I am displaying Polls - Take Polls so this taskflow will be available in both the language but there is no need to display Polls - Polls Manager TF in both the language as that will be used by admin users only to create polls.
            if you want to take this language from user's locales (how is this implemented in the rest of your portal?), or allow a user to toggle the language option option within the task flow (or both - I'd prefer that one).
            In my portal I am taking the locale from the user's selection of language.
            I understand that there are two options:-
            Option 1 is either I can use that user's selection (like in rest of the portal) to change the language in taskflows also or
            2nd option is I can provide an option inside the taskflow itself to toggle the language.

But to start with I will go with option 1 and later on I will continue on option2.

Please suggest.

Thanks
            --NavinK                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
            • 3. Re: Localization in Polls taskflows in Webcenter portal
              Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
              I can only add one more detail for the option 1: see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_app_els.htm#r29c1-t13 how to get the user's language (can be changed - then it's in a session cookie).