1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 8:49 AM by Mike-Matthews-Oracle RSS

EDQ Job Phases

StewCobley
      I have a series of processes that create staged data, manipulate various bits, stitch together again and then create reports on the new data.

I am trying to set it up as a Job that you can run and it does everything in order but have a problem with the timings.

I have setup each phase as a separate job and when I run each individually in order I get the desired results, so I have then tried creating another Job that runs all the others in order.

I have created a new phase for each sub job and set them to execute on success, I have set the job triggers within each phase to start after the phase is called but when I run the master job everything fires off at once causing the reporting process to fail as the staged data isnt ready for it.

any help is appreciated.
        • 1. Re: EDQ Job Phases
          Mike-Matthews-Oracle
          Hi,

The triggers to launch other jobs never wait, so it is not possible currently to construct 'jobs of jobs' in this way.

You should construct a single job to do what you want with several phases. You can then use Run Profiles to switch phases on and off, and/or vary the sources/targets of data and any other configuration options at runtime as required.

Regards,

Mike