This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 2:39 AM by Steven Davelaar RSS

LOV issue in Chrome

RahulD Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have created a customized LOV page using JHeadStart file and add the LOV to the page.
In IE6/8, We have checked that user will not be able to update any fields on the MyACCA Self-Service screen while the LOV is open.
In Chrome, we have checked that user is able to update any fields on the MyACCA Self-Service screen while the LOV is open.
Kindly let me know about this.
  • 1. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    Stephen J. Journeyer
    Can you provide more detail? What versions of JDeveloper and JHeadstart are you using? What's the use case for the LoV? Are you using a custom template? Etc.

As an aside, ADF and IE6 do NOT get along, I don't think it's officially supported. If you have users still using IE6 they may experience significant issues, particularly performance-wise.
  • 2. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    makel Newbie
    I think I have the same issue. I use Jdeveloper 10.1.3.5 with JHS 10.1.3.5(?)

When the user opens an LOV in most browsers the calling window is disabled (modal dialog style) but in Chrome the calling window remains active.

I don't know if this is specific to JHeadstart, or affecting all ADF dialogs.

M
  • 3. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    Stephen J. Journeyer
    This doesn't appear to be an issue in 11g. I use JDev 11.1.1.4 and JHS 11.1.1.3 and the LOV has proper modal behavior in IE9, Firefox 15 and Chrome 23. It works with both ADF-style (model-inputTextLov) and JHS-style (lov) popups.
  • 4. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    Stephen J. Journeyer
    My guess would be that this is not a JHeadstart specific issue, but rather an issue with ADF 10g and Chrome, but Steven D. or someone else from the JHS team may be able to answer more definitively.

Have you tried creating a simple page without using JHeadstart (just a text box and an lov box) to see if it exhibits the same behavior?
  • 5. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    RahulD Newbie
    We are using the following version of JDeveloper/JHeadStart - 10.1.3.5.0/10.1.3.3.88

When the user opens an LOV in most browsers the calling window is disabled (modal dialog style) but in Chrome the calling window remains active.

Edited by: Rahul D on Jan 14, 2013 10:32 PM
  • 6. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    RahulD Newbie
    Hi,

We have created the LOV without using JHS, but still we are facing the same issue.
    We are using the following version of JDeveloper - 10.1.3.5.0
  • 7. Re: LOV issue in Chrome
    Steven Davelaar Employee ACE
    I am sorry, this a browser or ADF issue, not related to JHeadstart. Jheadstart does not contain logic to disable the calling window.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points