2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 4:59 PM by Wency RSS

How to get page number on reports 6i

Wency
      Hi all,

I have a report with page numbering reset on main repeating frame. Every record may generate a minimum of 3 pages. If the first record gives me 3 pages I get the counter 1 of 3...3 of 3, the second row with 6 pages and is giving me 1 of 6 ... 6 of 6. I want to hide some data on every third page, so I use srw.get_page_num BUT it gives me numbers that are not resetting. Meaning, if I got record with 3 pages and 6 pages, srw function gives me 1 to 9, it does not reset after to 1 after the 3rd physical page.

Any idea on how to do this and where to place the code?

TIA
        • 1. Re: How to get page number on reports 6i
          HamidHelal
          Wency wrote:
          Hi all,

I have a report with page numbering reset on main repeating frame. Every record may generate a minimum of 3 pages. If the first record gives me 3 pages I get the counter 1 of 3...3 of 3, the second row with 6 pages and is giving me 1 of 6 ... 6 of 6. I want to hide some data on every third page, so I use srw.get_page_num BUT it gives me numbers that are not resetting. Meaning, if I got record with 3 pages and 6 pages, srw function gives me 1 to 9, it does not reset after to 1 after the 3rd physical page.
          Hi, TIA

One idea you can try, for example F_num of T_num shows 1 of 3. try to get or read T_num and write you condition.

Hope it's helps...
          • 2. Re: How to get page number on reports 6i
            Wency
            Thanks for the reply.

BUt how can I get the value of that field? I can't find oracle report function that do something like F_field.value.