10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 9:25 AM by f.yigit RSS

Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered

f.yigit
      Hi,

I have a form with a child table. The name of the parent table is UD_AB and the name of the child table is UD_AB_GRP. In Lookup.AB.User.ProvAttrMap i have the following the mapping for Child Table field: UD_AB_GRP~Groups

For Child Table update operation i create a Process Task which name is Groups Update; in General Tab of the Process Definition i select UD_AB_GRP as a Child Table and update as a Trigger Type.

When i provisioned any user or modify any of the already provisioned account, Groups Update Process is not triggered.

Do u have any idea why the Process is not triggered?

Thanks...

ps: Process adapter uses a public String updateChildTableValues(String objectType, String childTableName) ICF function.
        • 1. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
          Nishith Nayan
          what you have done is fine. just make sure you have attached the latest activated Child form with the parent form.

better create new version for the parent form now you can see the child tab it should have the latest version of activated child form and then you can activate this parent form
          • 2. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
            f.yigit
            Hi,

I create new version both for parent and child form and map them again. Unfortunately problem continues...
            • 3. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
              Kevin Pinsky
              Are you modifying the child table entry? If the user changes, this will not trigger anything, the action must occur on the child table entry itself.

-Kevin
              • 4. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                f.yigit
                My child table takes data from the lookup. On the Modify Account page, i select/update one of the lookup data and then submit the page. Then when i look at the Resource History, Groups Update Process is not listed.
                • 5. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                  Rajiv Dewan
                  General Tab of the Process Definition i select UD_AB_GRP as a Child Table and update as a Trigger Type
                  Try with creating trigger of "INSERT" type
                  Make sure that you are adding that value in the Child Form instead of just selecting value from Lookup
                  • 6. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                    f.yigit
                    Actually i have 2 process tasks with type of UPDATE & INSERT. In the Integration tab of the processes, i map the processInstanceKey with Process Data --> UD_AB_GRP and then select Groups as a Qualifier. Is it ok or should i map the processInstanceKey with Process Data and select Process Instance as a Qualifier?

Rajiv Dewan wrote:
                    Make sure that you are adding that value in the Child Form instead of just selecting value from Lookup
                    I think i add the value in the Child Form, but to be sure can u tell me how i can check if i am adding the value in the Child Form but not just selecting the value from Lookup?

Thanks.
                    • 7. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                      Rajiv Dewan
                      We get "Add" button on child form. Some people just select the value in the lookup but they forget to click ADD BUTTON. That's why I wrote that line.

You are doing Add/Insert operation so it should trigger INSERT task. Is it calling that task for you ?

For Update, you need to select some value of Child Form and click UPDATE button then it should trigger UPDATE task.

What is happening in your environment ?
                      • 8. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                        f.yigit
                        At First, I click to the button; the icon of the button is like that: Blank page that has a yellow cross on the left corner. When i click that button a new row appeared on the child form. At the end of the new row a magnifier icon stands.

Secondly, i click that magnifier. When i click to the magnifier, a pop-up window that has my lookup data is opened. Then I select one of the data from the popup window and click OK button. The selected data is assigned to the new row which is appeared in first step.

Thirdly, i click to the Ready tosubmit button and then Submit button.

Thats all to try to insert a new data to the child form.

Rajiv Dewan wrote:
                        We get "Add" button on child form. Some people just select the value in the lookup but they forget to click ADD BUTTON. That's why I wrote that line.
                        On the child form i don't see any button which is written Add on it. The button that i mentioned above in the first step is equal to Add button?

PS: I am using R2
                        • 9. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                          SAISRINIVAS
                          Hi,
                          For testing, try to do a programmatic insertion by writing a process task which will insert/update the child form during a provisioning flow.
                          Do you have only one child form, can you try by replicating the same action by adding another child form.

Regards
                          Srinivas
                          • 10. Re: Process Task for Child Table is not Triggered
                            f.yigit
                            I create a new dummy connector with a class that writes "Hello World" to the log file. Then create a new adapter and bind my new dummy connector with my new adapter.

Instead of using ICF adapter in task process task which uses public String updateChildTableValues(String objectType, String childTableName) method, i use my new adapter. Then i repeat provisioning process and see "Hello World" is written to my log file.

So it seems my problem is just not to able to call ICF adapter. Do u have any idea what can be the problem with public String updateChildTableValues(String objectType, String childTableName) method. My mappings under the Integration is like that:

VariableName Data Type Map To Qualifier Literal Value
                            childTableName, String, Literal, String, UD_AB_GRP;
                            ProcessInstanceKey, Long, Process Data, AB Group, Process Instance;
                            itResourceName, String, Literal, String, UD_AB_SERVER;
                            ObjectType , String, Literal, String, User;
                            Adapter Return Value, Object Response Code,

Edited by: f.yigit on Jan 12, 2013 7:21 AM