This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 12:43 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam

984508 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

Has anyone done this exam recently? At oracle certification page it says the passing score is 73% but a friend took this exam just before xmas and in his report it said 60%. I would like to confirm this. Has the passing score changed?

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: 1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    At oracle certification page it says the passing score is 73% but a friend took this exam just before xmas and in his report it said 60%.
    Brandye will likely have to chime in on this one. I seriously doubt the passing score has dropped from 73% to 60%. I note, however, that the number of questions in the exam is 60. This makes me suspect one of two things:

1. You friend misread/misunderstood the number.
    2. The 'Score Report' page has a typo in it because someone at OE put 60 in the wrong box.
  • 2. Re: 1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam
    984508 Newbie
    Well, I saw in another forum someone saying the score was now 60% (post from october or november, can´t remember), so that's why my friend commented with me that in his report it said 60% as well.
  • 3. Re: 1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    I can't say for sure that it isn't. However, the data on the OE site is normally definitive and current. Using a fairly broad search, I can't find any location listing that test with a passing score of 60%. In my search, however, I found an interesting post on Code Ranch where people have created some study notes for the exam. Looking at them, they aren't illicit (i.e. brain dumps) and may well be useful to you.

https://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/ScbcdLinks#scbcd6
  • 4. Re: 1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam
    984508 Newbie
    Ok, I have a friend that is going to do the exam 2 weeks before me and I'll ask him to see what appears in his report. I tried to contact oracle as well to be sure, lets se if they answer.

Thanks.
  • 5. Re: 1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    ...and I'll ask him to see what appears in his report.
    Or you can ask friend #1 to look at his score report again. It's available as a PDF on Certview. However, that may not answer the question for sure. It will only eliminate one possible error. Currently there are three options that I can see:

1. Both the OE website and the score report say 73% for the pass percentage and your friend misread the report.
    2. The OE website says 73% and the score report says 60% and the OE website is right.
    3. The OE website says 73% and the score report says 60% and the score report is right.

If the issue is #1, re-checking the report won't help. Unfortunately, I just looked at one of mine, and the number of questions (i.e. 60) isn't on it. That throws sand in my initial theory that your friend saw 60 Questions and thought it was 60%. If you opened an SR, they should answer in a few days. Also Brandye will likely respond in a few days as well.
  • 6. Re: 1Z0-895 - Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer Certified Expert Exam
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been very very ill.

Anyway, the score is 73% as noted on the web pages. An earlier version of the exam had a passing score of 60%, but since it has been revised the score was increased to 73%. However, a recent glitch at Pearson VUE caused the passing score to print on the score report as 60%. This did not affect scoring at all. It was simply a setting in the form for the score report - a typo if you will. That has since been fixed and all is right with the world for a few hours.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points