8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 1:54 PM by rp0428 RSS

ora-29534 action could not be resolve

Ayham
      Hi all,
      i tried to upload .jar file to Oracle 11g. r2.
      as following command
      loadjava -u test20/test20@ORCL -v -r D:\test\university.jar
      but i face that problem
       ora-29534 action could not be resolve 
      and sometimes
      skipping : class edu/UKTr
      class edu/UK/CoreAnnotations$ChunkAnnotation: resolution
      FYI.
      this file compiled using Java 1.6. it running ok .
      this file include many classes.

regards
      Ayham

Edited by: Ayham on Jan 12, 2013 10:11 AM
        • 1. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
          TPD-Opitz
          Ayham wrote:
          this file compiled using Java 1.6. it running ok .
          The database runs Java 1.5 by default.

bye
          TPD
          • 2. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
            Ayham
            Thanks
            OK. But how can i load java compiled jar file by 1.6 to oracle 11g .

regards

Edited by: Ayham on Jan 13, 2013 2:54 AM
            • 3. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
              TPD-Opitz
              Ayham wrote:
              OK. But how can i load java compiled jar file by 1.6 to oracle 11g .
              You cannot.
              Java 1.6 compiled code does not run in a Java-1.5 JVM.

Either compile against a Java 1.5 JDK or load your Application as Source to the Database

Both ways you have to asure Java 1.5 code compatibility.

Third way was to have your DBA changing the JVM in the database to 1.6, if you really want to run up that hill...

bye
              TPD
              • 4. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
                Ayham
                Many thanks fir your response . I think the third way is better. How can I upgrade the JVM to 1.6. Because I can not compile my jar file again by 1.5 . Tq
                • 5. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
                  rp0428
                  >
                  Third way was to have your DBA changing the JVM in the database to 1.6, if you really want to run up that hill...
                  >
                  NO! NO! NO!

NEVER try to update or alter the JVM in the database. That is guaranteed to break the database and it is likely you won't be able to recover.
                  • 6. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
                    rp0428
                    DO NOT DO THIS!

The Oracle DB currently ships with, uses AND MUST USE Java 1.5. You cannot update the DB version used internally and you cannot disable it without breaking the DB. So don't try to import code that requires features only found in later Java versions.

If you attempt to upgrade the DB Java version you will likely break Oracle in a way that cannot be recovered without reinstalling the database. That operation is NOT supported and will NOT be successful.
                    • 7. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
                      TPD-Opitz
                      rp0428 wrote:
                      >
                      >
                      NO! NO! NO!

NEVER try to update or alter the JVM in the database. That is guaranteed to break the database and it is likely you won't be able to recover.
                      Thank you for pointing that out.
                      So far I did not intend to do this but at least I was told it would be possible.

bye
                      TPD
                      • 8. Re: ora-29534 action could not be resolve
                        rp0428
                        >
                        So far I did not intend to do this but at least I was told it would be possible.
                        >
                        No problem - it's just that trying to remove or update the Oracle JVM can be catastrophic.

Oracle itself uses the JVM for many, many things even if the users do not.

Just for reference here is one of the explicit statements from one of the docs: Oracle® Database Installation Guide 11g Release 1 (11.1) for Linux under section 6.8 Removing Oracle Software
                        http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b32002/remove_oracle_sw.htm
                        >
                        Note:

If you choose to remove Oracle JVM, Oracle Universal Installer removes all installed products that depend on Oracle JVM, including Oracle Database 11g.