This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 5:18 AM by 898511 RSS

Unable to start weblogic with JRockit

898511 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i am using a 32 bit machine to start weblogic server on JRockit JVM. Doing this in order to have already installed Oracle SOA suite and when I start weblogic using JRockit it is Running out of memory. Tried the solutions given in the forum but not able to resolve this issue.

Also when using jdk getting permgen error. Tried with resetting the maxPermSize value etc in the startweblogic server but not able to do so.

For JRockit OOM has any one faced a similar issue?

Can any one help me with same ?
  • 1. Re: Unable to start weblogic with JRockit
    ccortez Journeyer
    Hi,

Try increasing maxPermSize at setSOADomainEnv file in DOMAIN_HOME/bin path

when you start Weblogic it will also use this file to accommodate the environment for SOA.

Hope this helps you. :)

Regards
    Carlos
  • 2. Re: Unable to start weblogic with JRockit
    898511 Newbie
    Thanks Carlos. The value was getting overridden in startweblogic.cmd for Sun jdk but was not sufficient for my problem as I was using Jrockit and with JRockit there is no Permsize issue inturn there was OOM.

I followed these steps:

1. changed maxpermsize in startweblogic.
    2. Tried increasing system swap space.
    3. Used a profiler which controls JVM running, tried reduce memory leaks, but none worked.

I switched to JRockit for weblogic

1. tried increasing memory etc. Finally I switched to 64 bit machine as suggested in one of the forums for JRockit oom.

Now both jdk and JRockit weblogic with all SOA components working successfully.

Thanks,
    Dipti Karnataki

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points