1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 1:15 AM by Jagadeesh P RSS

How can I extend a Data Area using the Extended Data Area Option ?

My question is more sepcifically around what is mentioned in help,

"To extend another data area, reference that data area in the Extended Data Area field. By extending a data area you can add additional elements to a base product data area.

Here's an example of an extended data area:
      1.The product releases with data area A, which contains elements a, b, and c.
      2.Your implementation creates data area CM-A, which contains element z, and references data area A as the extended data area.
      3. At run time, everywhere data area A is included it will contain elements a, b, c, and z. "

How can we achieve the referencing to data area A as the extended data area, as mentioned in point 2 ?
        • 1. Re: How can I extend a Data Area using the Extended Data Area Option ?
          Jagadeesh P
          Hi,

Extended Data Areas are included with FW4.0 or higher version, I guess. (seen it in MWMv2.1.0)
          It is not available in CCB v2.3.1 which runs on FW2.2.0.

In this feature, an additional input field (text box) 'Extended Data Area' is included in 'Data Area' Maintenance Page (Admin -> D -> Data Area)
          where you can include the reference to any other Data Area, you wish to extend.

Let me know if this helps.