3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 6:43 AM by Joni Vandenberghe RSS

Export team development data to another server without dropping workspace

MatthiasHoys
      Hi,

APEX version is 4.1.1.

Is it possible to export only the team development data from workspace X on server A to workspace X on server B? The workspaces have the same name, and I don't want to drop and recreate the workspace on server B (I will lose all users and links to applications this way, correct?).

Thanks,
      Matthias Hoys
      http://matthiashoys.wordpress.com
        • 1. Re: Export team development data to another server without dropping workspace
          Roel Hartman
          What did you try?
          I guess you're interested in the Feedback from Test / Prod and want to feed it back into your Dev environment...
          That's exactly the purpose of this tool. Just go to Export and Select the Feedback tab (far right). Export it and import it in Dev...
          • 2. Re: Export team development data to another server without dropping workspace
            MatthiasHoys
            Hello Roel,

I'm not talking about the team feedback... I meant the whole Team Development environment, so this includes all tasks, to dos, milestones etc. There's a way to export that information together with the workspace, but when I try to import that file into another server which already has a workspace with the same name, the error "Workspace will not be created because it already exists." is thrown...

Matthias
            • 3. Re: Export team development data to another server without dropping workspace
              Joni Vandenberghe
              Yes there is. In the application builder, when you press export you get the option to export the workspace. With the workspace users and workspace info like schemas are exported, but also you have the option to export the team development data.

After the export you can open the sql file and you will see near the beginning:
              begin
              wwv_flow_api.set_security_group_id(p_security_group_id=>xxxx);
              end;

The xxxx is your workspace_id, you can find this in the Apex schema of your database in the Apex_Workspaces view. You need to change this to the workspace_id of your new database. If you created your workspace by exporting or by copying these ids should already be the same, but check just to be sure.

Lastly you might want to search the file and see if nothing unwanted is created. For example:
              begin
              wwv_flow_fnd_user_api.create_fnd_user ( ... );
              end;

Is PL/SQL to create a user , you could remove that if you don't want the user to be created/edited.