This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Can you post one of the queries that's failing, and the parameters being passed in when it fails?
If you didn't turn on Option Strict, Vb.net does a lot of implicit conversions and some of them don't play nice with other libraries (like Oracle). So we need to rule that out before we look at something like xcopy as an issue.
Here's one of the query that fails:
It's am simple query from a view.
select * from Bilanzdetail where abteilung like :abteilung and referat like :referat and sachgebiet like :sg and zeit between :startDatum and :endDatum order by zeit
Parameter values are
:abteilung = "%" (declared as varchar2(50))
:referat = "%" (declared as varchar2(50))
:sg = %" (declared as varchar2(50))
:startDatum = 201201 (declared as number)
:endDatum = 201250 (declared as number)
In Sql Developer and Visual Studio no error occurs for that query. Seems everything is fine.
Option Strict turned off. I have switched it on - no differnce.
Really? The last time I turned Option Strict on in a project that had it off, I got 1000 compiler errors. :D
That looks fine, provided the two numbers are actually numbers and not strings. But that should fail pretty consistently.
If you don't have visual studio, the only real difference between the xcopy Oracle client and the developer tools one is that the dev tools have an installer and the xcopy version doesn't. It won't install the developer tools if Visual Studio isn't on the system (in that case it just installs the instant client).
So I'm not really sure what to tell you there.You could try changing over to the managed provider beta and eliminate the Oracle client as a potential issue (the managed client doesn't need any installation).