1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 4:49 PM by 905952 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Listener refuse to reflect after creation
        P.Forstmann
        You can follow Ed advice: by default for single instance database there is no need to have a listener.ora configuration. Running:
        lsnrctl start
        will start a default listener on port 1521 and database running on same host will register automatically to default listener.

Ed has detailed static vs dynamic registration on his blog: http://edstevensdba.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/exploring-the-local_listener-parameter/. I recommend you read and understand this article.
        • 16. Re: Listener refuse to reflect after creation
          I started the listener with lsnrctl start and I typed
          ps -eaf | grep tns

The output is : oracle 5597 1 1 20:38? 00:00:00 /u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
          Does it mean that I their is nothing I can do to Get Listener 'FERDICON' to be my current listener.

Meanwhile I Typed : lsnrctl set current_listener FERDICON , it produced the output as current listener is FERDICON. I then typed ps -eaf | grep tns
          The output was still the same: oracle 5597 1 1 20:38? 00:00:00 /u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
          • 17. Re: Listener refuse to reflect after creation
            EdStevens
            Ferdicon wrote:
            I started the listener with lsnrctl start and I typed
            ps -eaf | grep tns

The output is : oracle 5597 1 1 20:38? 00:00:00 /u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
            Does it mean that I their is nothing I can do to Get Listener 'FERDICON' to be my current listener.

Meanwhile I Typed : lsnrctl set current_listener FERDICON , it produced the output as current listener is FERDICON. I then typed ps -eaf | grep tns
            The output was still the same: oracle 5597 1 1 20:38? 00:00:00 /u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
            Why are you so wedded to the idea of naming your listener 'FERDICON'? That, in itself, is the source of your problems. You don't need to give your listener a name. What do you get if you simply
            lsnrctl status
            • 18. Re: Listener refuse to reflect after creation
              I manually deleted the listener.ora, stopped the listener and rebooted the server. Everything is now working fine, I have only LISTENER, I don't have the listener.ora and everything working perfectly fine. Thanks to those who spent their time to help me out, Am grateful.
              1 2 Previous Next