This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 2:24 PM by BillW RSS

Where is oragchomelist?

BillW Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Greetings,

I have been told that on Linux there should be a file oragchomelist. I don't know if it is specific to a particular OEM Agent Version or not but I am unable to find it. I have also been told that it is installed when the <AGENT_HOME>/bin/root.sh is run. According to notes I have seen it should be located either in /etc or /etc/rd.d/init.d. I have looked on a couple of machines, one in particular in which I needed to run the root.sh script but am unable to find it, can someone help me.

Thank you
Bill Wagman
  • 1. Re: Where is oragchomelist?
    EricvdS Expert
    On Linux it should be under /etc.
    If you run root.sh from the <agent_home>/bin the line "Creating /etc/oragchomelist file..." should have been displayed.

You did not mention the used agent version. The usage of oragchomelist started in agent version 12c. So, if you use agent version 10 or 11 you won't find the file.

Eric
  • 2. Re: Where is oragchomelist?
    BillW Newbie
    Apologies, I didn't state the question clearly.

I am in the process of upgrading my OEM to 12c Cloud Control and I encountered a situation on one machine where the 11g agent had not been installed and as a result the agent deployment/configuration failed. Running the root.sh resolved the problem and when I asked if there was a way to determine if the 11g root.sh had been run I was told that indeed the /etc/oragchomlist file should exist (I have seen notes suggesting it should exist in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory but I do not find it there either). I have looked on other servers on which I know the agent root.sh had been run but do not find the file yet the deployment/configuration succeeds. I do see that the 12c agent root.sh creates the file.

My question is should the /etc/oragchomelist file be created when the 11g (and older) agent root.sh script is run and if so why don't I see it? Also, is there a way to determine for certain if the 11g root.sh script has been run?

Thank you.
    Bill Wagman
  • 3. Re: Where is oragchomelist?
    BillW Newbie
    Hello,

In response to your note that the oragchomelist was not available in 11g. Oracle Support told me it was. Is there a definitive way to determine if the 11g root.sh has been run?

Thank you.
    Bill Wagman
  • 4. Re: Where is oragchomelist?
    EricvdS Expert
    Using oragchomelist started in 12c so running root.sh for an 11g agent will not create this file.
    If you have in /usr/local/bin/ the files dbhome, oraenv and coraenv and in /etc/oratab is an agent entry I think root.sh was run. You could check in the root.sh file what it is doing (rights, create file, add entries etc) to get an idea.

Eric

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points