3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 11:00 PM by csamudra RSS

AWM Connection Error

csamudra
      Hi all,

I have been trying to connect to our database using AWM. Here are the versions:

AWM: awm112030A_Standalone
      Client Machine:Linux machine

Database:
      Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
      With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
      and Real Application Testing options

Whenever I try to connect to the database i have been getting this error

"This version of Analytic Workspace Manager is incompatible with the database instance.The Analytic Workspace Manager version 11.2.0.3.0A and database compatible version is 11.2.0."

Which version of Analytic Workspace Manager can I use to get connected to the database?

Where can I get the installation files for that version?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: 981314 on Jan 14, 2013 9:06 PM
        • 1. Re: AWM Connection Error
          DavidGreenfield
          The version of AWM that you have should work against an 11.2.0.3.0 database. I noticed that the error message you quoted is a little garbled. (e.g. "Analtic Workspace Manager" instead of "Analytic Workspace Manager" and "version 11.2.0.3.0A ans database".) Could you please verify that the message is correct or repost the original message?
          • 2. Re: AWM Connection Error
            DavidGreenfield
            There is no need to post the error message. The AWM team believes this is a recently discovered bug.

Bug 14706283 - AWM DOES NOT SUPPORT COMPATIBLE MODE

The problem, aparently, is that your database compatibility mode (11.2.0) is shorter than your AWM version (11.2.0.3.0) and the comparison algorithm gets confused. If your database compatibility mode were 11.2.0.0.0, for example, then things would be fine.

The good news is that you should be able work around the problem by adding this line to your awm.properties file (located with your AWM installation) and restarting AWM.
            _awm.skip.newer.database.check=y
            • 3. Re: AWM Connection Error
              csamudra
              Thanks David,
              Your approach solved my problem and AWM started.