This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 4:36 AM by 911532 RSS

Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)

911532 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

we have a problem customers are complaining about for quite a while now, but despite our efforts, we can not fix it or at least determine with certainty the problem cause.

We have an application launching forms apps, and from time-to-time we completely lose the focus on this form (generally after typing ENTER in a filter), I mean by focus, we cannot click anymore (cursor seems to stay on a object), we cannot press enter anymore (we get a 'Not defined key function') and so on...

I heard somewhere that it could be due to 'KEY-OTHERS' trigger not handling correctly the ENTER-KEY. But I need this trigger for my filters, or is there another way? KEY_ENTER does only navigate from field to another.

I found something which was able to remove focus lost (kind of a hack while trying to fix this on an on), but the problem is I had to remove this, because it blocks the opening of new windows or popups. It was a mouse-click trigger on forms triggers level:

Go_Record(:System.Mouse_record);
Go_Item(:System.Mouse_Item);

But this blocks any window opening, and it also blocks some other tools we have developed.

Thanks,

Best regards,

G.

EDIT: Forms 11g, and I am pretty sure we had not that much problems with 10g
EDIT2: I read the same kind of topics in the forum, but no patch seems to help
AND we use JRE 1.7....

Edited by: lakers on Jan 14, 2013 11:56 PM

Edited by: lakers on Jan 14, 2013 11:59 PM
  • 1. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    Askdineshsingh Explorer
    this problem occurs with some of versions of JRE. Try with JRE JInitiator 1.3.1.22. Also unstalled all others JRE if exists.

A file called fmrpcweb.res has also been provided which gives the Microsoft Windows client/server keyboard mappings. To use this file, rename fmrpcweb.res to fmrweb_orig.res, and copy fmrpcweb.res to fmrweb.res. Alternatively, use the term parameter as described above.

By default, whether deploying client/server or over the Web pressing the ENTER key takes the cursor to the next navigable item in the block. To override this default behavior it is necessary to modify the forms resource file to revise the key mapping details.

Modify fmrweb.res and change the Forms Function Number (FFN) from 27 to 75 for the Return Key. The line should be changed to the following:
    10 : 0 : "Return" : 75 : "Return"

By default, the line is displayed with an FFN of 27 and looks as follows:
    10 : 0 : "Return" : 27 : "Return"

This line should NOT fire the Key-Enter trigger since the Return or Enter key is actually returning the Return function represented by the FFN of 27. The FFN of 75 represents the Enter function and fires the Key-Enter trigger.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e24477/configure.htm#i1077054
    please mark correct/helpful if problem is solved..

Edited by: Askdineshsinghminhas on Jan 15, 2013 5:28 AM
  • 2. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    tony.g Journeyer
    Hi

When you were having your key-other issues, did you create a key-enter trigger with enter; in it? to see if this made a difference.

Tony
  • 3. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    tony.g Journeyer
    this problem occurs with some of versions of JRE. Try with JRE JInitiator 1.3.1.22. Also unstalled all others JRE if exists.
    Of course you shouldn't be using Jinitiator with Forms 11g !!

But maybe with a late version of 1.6 you might see different behaviour.

Tony
  • 4. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    Askdineshsingh Explorer
    tony.g we can have control over different behaviour of JRE version by modifying fmrweb.res and
    fmrpcweb.res
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    example of Mapping for ESC Key to exit out of a Web Form
    Make a backup copy of fmrweb.res.
    -----
    #Open the fmrweb.res file present in the path ORACLE_HOME/FORMS and add the following entry in it:
    #(this will enable esc for exit
    27 : 0 : "Esc" : 32 : "Exit"
    #Ensure that you comment or delete the old entry (this will disable exit on F4 key
    #115 : 0 : "F4" : 32 : "Exit"
    ----
  • 5. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    911532 Newbie
    Ok thanks all for your answers. I'll try both solutions (the key configuration in .res and the jre) separatly and then together if needed.

I'll come back to you tomorrow.

Cheers,
  • 6. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    Askdineshsingh Explorer
    Hi dear, Please mark this post helpful/correct. This will help others people on this forum
    thanks.....
  • 7. Re: Lose of focus (mouse click/enter key)
    911532 Newbie
    Hi,

well, this is isn't really fixed. I think your solutions could be right for most problems of focus losses, and I applied both of them in case of, but my problem still persists, I am still investigating

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points