This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 1:21 PM by Michael Ferrante (Oracle) RSS

UI_ICON  setup in version 11.1.2.00

apollon27 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, I have recently installed in my home PC, Forms(64-bit) 11.1.2.00, and converted a small application from 6i to web.
In 6i, I had .ico files and I converted it to .gif files. ( I read the upgrade guide E24478-01 ).
But when I run the application from explorer, and I go to a form, I don't see the icons in push buttons.
I have gone to default.env file, I opened it with Notepad++ and write the following UI_ICON=C:\Ret\Bin;
this is the path where gif files exist ( and all the executable files also )
I also put this value in Windows registry ( New --- String Value )
and when I open the fmb which contains the push buttons with the icons I don't see them in canvas.
I see only 1 button which has Icon Filename = clear while there is no clear.gif in the folder C:\Ret\bin.

Can you help ? Because I have no experience with Forms in Web, only with client-server 6i.

Thank you very much.
  • 1. Re: UI_ICON  setup in version 11.1.2.00
    Askdineshsingh Explorer
    UI_ICON_EXTENSION=GIF
    This environment variable specifies the type of image to use in your Forms applications and to display it at design time. When you set this variable as "gif" (case insensitive), the extension that will be added to "Icon Filename" is ".gif". Specify the location for these images with the UI_ICON environment variable. When this environment variable is not set, or is set incorrectly, .ico is the default extension.
  • 2. Re: UI_ICON  setup in version 11.1.2.00
    apollon27 Newbie
    I added the UI_ICON_EXTENSION=gif; to regedit and to default.env

Now in Form Builder I can see the icons, but not in the web.

I recompile and generated new fmx but again the same.
  • 3. Re: UI_ICON  setup in version 11.1.2.00
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    The image are not stored within your form. Therefore they need to be made available at runtime. They can either be stored on the server's file system or packaged in a jar file. A jar file is the preferred method because the jar file can be cached by the client JRE. The result is better startup performance and overall performance. There are numerous MyOracleSupport documents which discuss how to do this, however it is also covered in the Forms Deployment Guide:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e24477/configure.htm#i1036718

Refer to section 4.7.3

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points