1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 85 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 7:13 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 45. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
        Ok let me try that!! thANX...
        • 46. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
          Hey...

I'm completely stuck here..I didn't find the fmx file ..I do not know... may be I'm using the wrong way of checking for it..Will u help me on how I can check for it??..I tried to do it manually but hey can't see anything..even in the search button..nothing...

Hope to get your advice..I'm stuck indeed..
          • 47. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Above"N"Beyond wrote:
            Hey...

I'm completely stuck here..I didn't find the fmx file ..I do not know... may be I'm using the wrong way of checking for it..Will u help me on how I can check for it??..I tried to do it manually but hey can't see anything..even in the search button..nothing...

Hope to get your advice..I'm stuck indeed..
            You can simply search for this file under %APPL_TOP% directory -- Search for OEXOEORD.*

If you cannot the fmx file, then you need to generate it via adadmin.

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 48. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
              Hi Brother Hussein!!

Hope you are good!!

I found that file OEXOEORD in this path: E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\ont.....!! It has the fmx file..in fact the whole folder "ont" has a bunch of fmx files..so what do I do after that?....from how they appear, I assume there is no application in the system that can open them. any help!!

Thanks
              • 49. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                I found that file OEXOEORD in this path: E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\ont.....!!
                Is it under E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\ont\12.0.0\forms\US directory? If yes, can you rename the fmx file to <file name>.fmx.ORG and generate the form via adadmin and check then?

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 50. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                  Hie..

yes it is under E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\ont\12.0.0\forms\US ,.....you mean I should rename OEXOEORD to ORG?.. I do not know how to generate forms via adadmin??..any help??

Thanks...
                  • 51. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    Above&amp;amp;amp;quot;N&amp;amp;amp;quot;Beyond wrote:
                    Hie..

yes it is under E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\ont\12.0.0\forms\US ,.....you mean I should rename OEXOEORD to ORG?..
                    Yes.
                    I do not know how to generate forms via adadmin??..any help??
                    How to Generate a Specific Form Through AD utility adadmin [ID 178722.1]

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 52. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                      Hi Bro Hussein!!!

I managed to read around the "adadmin" thing and I managed to understand a bit about how to use it but i still have a problem..when I tried to enter the Oracle schema password I got stuck..

1. I used the default, "manager", but it stated that I should reenter password.
                      2. Even at the Applications Library item, I tried to enter the default "APPS" but it refused..I do not know what to do ?

How can I fix my password to access the Ad utility. Is there a way to reset it or maybe I just used the wrong methods.?

thanx in advance!!!!
                      • 53. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        1. I used the default, "manager", but it stated that I should reenter password.
                        2. Even at the Applications Library item, I tried to enter the default "APPS" but it refused..I do not know what to do ?
                        The default password of the system user is manager and the default password of the apps schema is apps.

If you still get the same error, please post the error you are getting here.

Thanks,
                        Hussein
                        • 54. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                          Hie..

Here is the log file for my session.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------

************* Start of AD Administration session *************
                          AD Administration version: 12.0.0
                          AD Administration started at: Thu Jan 17 2013 01:04:04

APPL_TOP is set to E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl

NLS_LANG value from the environment is : American_America.AL32UTF8
                          NLS_LANG value for this AD utility run is : AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8

Backing up restart files, if any......Done.

Your previous AD Administration session did not run to completion.
                          Do you wish to continue with your previous AD Administration session [Yes] ? no

You chose to disregard your previous AD Administration session
                          and to restart AD Administration from the beginning.

Enter Yes to confirm that you wish to overwrite your previous
                          AD Administration session and begin a new AD Administration session.

Enter No to continue with your previous AD Administration session. [No] : No

You are about to use or modify Oracle Applications product tables
                          in your ORACLE database 'VIS'
                          using ORACLE executables in
                          'E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.2'.

Is this the correct database [Yes] ? No

Please correct your database information (by resetting either ORACLE_HOME,
                          ORACLE_SID, or LOCAL - if running SQL*Net) prior to restarting.

You should check the file
                          E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS\log\adadmin.log

for errors.

AD Administration started at: Thu Jan 17 2013 07:31:04

Do you wish to continue with your previous AD Administration session [Yes] ? No

Is this the correct database [Yes] ? Yes

AD Administration needs the password for your 'SYSTEM' ORACLE schema
                          in order to determine your installation configuration.

Enter the password for your 'SYSTEM' ORACLE schema: *****

Connecting to SYSTEM......Unable to connect.

AD Administration error:
                          The following ORACLE error:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

occurred while executing the SQL statement:

CONNECT SYSTEM/*****

AD Administration error:
                          Unable to connect to 'SYSTEM'; password may be invalid.

Connecting to SYSTEM......Unable to connect.

AD Administration error:

CONNECT SYSTEM/*****

AD Administration error:
                          Unable to connect to 'SYSTEM'; password may be invalid.

Connecting to SYSTEM......Connected successfully.

The ORACLE username specified below for Application Object Library
                          uniquely identifies your existing product group: APPLSYS

Enter the ORACLE password of Application Object Library [APPS] : *****

AD Administration is verifying your username/password.
                          Connecting to APPLSYS......Unable to connect.

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

Error: The given ORACLE password is not the correct password.
                          Please re-enter the ORACLE username and password.

The ORACLE password of Application Object Library should be
                          30 characters or less in length.
                          Please re-enter the ORACLE password.

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration started at: Thu Jan 17 2013 08:17:34

Do you wish to continue with your previous AD Administration session [Yes] ? nO

AD Administration error:

ORA-28000: the account is locked

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration started at: Thu Jan 17 2013 08:23:35

Do you wish to continue with your previous AD Administration session [Yes] ? Yes

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration started at: Thu Jan 17 2013 08:24:29

Do you wish to continue with your previous AD Administration session [Yes] ? Yes

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

AD Administration error:

CONNECT APPLSYS/*****

_____________________________________________________________

I would appreciate your help!!!
                          thanks.
                          • 55. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            Do you wish to continue with your previous AD Administration session [Yes] ? no
                            This is correct.
                            Type Yes here.

Please connect as system user to sqlplus and issue:
                            SQL> alter user apps account unlock;
                            SQL> alter user applsye account unlock;
                            Thanks,
                            Hussein
                            • 56. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                              Ok let me try that!!! thanks...
                              • 57. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                                Hi

Hope you will bare with me...

I'm stuck as to the password and user name to use to log in to SQLplus...

tried using scott/tiger..its failing....
                                whats the username and password that I should use to log on to SQLplus...?
                                • 58. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  Above&amp;amp;amp;quot;N&amp;amp;amp;quot;Beyond wrote:
                                  Hi

Hope you will bare with me...

I'm stuck as to the password and user name to use to log in to SQLplus...

tried using scott/tiger..its failing....
                                  whats the username and password that I should use to log on to SQLplus...?
                                  As mentioned above, login to sqlplus as system user (system/manager). Or, source the database env file and issue "sqlplus / as sysdba".

Thanks,
                                  Hussein
                                  • 59. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                                    Hi!!!

I have tried everything possible to log in SQLPlus. I used USERNAME-SYSTEM and PASSWORD -SYSDBA.. but it is refusing to connect to my Database. I searched for the environment file, and can not see it at all. The only file I got is the one located in E:\StageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\sqlplus and the one in E:\StageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\BIN. I doubt if these are the env.files.

I also tried to log in as manager..password as sys but it is refusing..

Any idea Mr Hussein???

Thanks.