1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 10:22 AM by adrianp RSS

Error while configuring apache FOP for printing

Deepika R
      Dear All,

I have a requirement to print a report using custom layout.

I have installed apex 4.2 by configuring embedded PL/SQL gateway. I used the link:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/install.42/e35123/overview.htm#CJABBFIH

And for printing purpose I am installing apache FOP. I have installed oc4j in standalone mode. I followed the link:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex/application-express/configure-printing-093060.html

But after setting oc4jadmin password, I am getting following error

13/01/15 12:52:07 WARNING: EJBContainer.postInit Error generating wrappers for f
      ile:/E:/app/OracleDb/j2ee/home/applications/admin_ejb.jarjava.lang.Instantiation
      Exception: javac.exe not found under C:\Program Files\Java\jre7, please use a va
      lid jdk or specify the location of your java compiler in server.xml using the <j
      ava-compiler .../> tag

I have JAVA_HOME and ORACLE_HOME system environment variables set up as mentioned in the guide.

I am not well versed with java.

Can anyone please throw light on this issue and help me resolve this problem. This is an urgent requirement.

Thanks and regards,
      Deepika.
        • 1. Re: Error while configuring apache FOP for printing
          adrianp
          Deepika R wrote:

13/01/15 12:52:07 WARNING: EJBContainer.postInit Error generating wrappers for f
          ile:/E:/app/OracleDb/j2ee/home/applications/admin_ejb.jarjava.lang.Instantiation
          Exception: javac.exe not found under C:\Program Files\Java\jre7, please use a va
          lid jdk or specify the location of your java compiler in server.xml using the <j
          ava-compiler .../> tag

I have JAVA_HOME and ORACLE_HOME system environment variables set up as mentioned in the guide.
          Seems like the Java EE container is looking for the Java compiler. Try installing the Java Development Kit (JDK) and respecify your JAVA_HOME accordingly. HTH.