This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Thanks for the URL specified for EPMA File generator guide. i gone through the 20 pages still i have doubts
1. is it used for application profiles created in system 9 or EPMA?
2. in what situations we need to recall this EPMA File generator
3. Can we create application profile in EPMA? since it is mentioned as web based completely
4. i installed EPMA why should i go and create classic HFM?
EPMA File Generator is a tool which enables to get the Metadata Extract of a EPMA based HFM application by providing the respective credentials on the Tool.
The Output provided by the tab From EPMA application would be in the .ads format.
Ensure that the URL used for EPMA Web Services URL is http://IISserverName/hyperion-bpma-server and the native directory admin and password provided for the
Extract to be successful.
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards,
1. is it used for application profiles created in system 9 or EPMA? The EPMA file generator is used strictly for EPMA applications.
2. in what situations we need to recall this EPMA File generator? I primarily use the file generator when building a new application and mass changes to multiple dimensions are needed. The generator creates an ads format text file to load metadata. Since each generator file can be quite different (all dimensions don't have to be included, attributes for multiple products may or may not be included since EPMA allows sharing of metadata, and if on 22.214.171.124 you will have different numbers of custom dimensions creating different attributes on accounts aggregation and top members) different import profiles have to be set up for each unique ads load. When you're sure the majority of the metadata is built, it might be a good idea to stop using the generator (or at least slim it down to a dimension or two) and use other methods like LCM and the Dimension Library to make metadata changes.
3. Can we create application profile in EPMA since it is mentioned as web based completely? Absolutely.
4. i installed EPMA why should i go and create classic HFM? If you are more comfortable creating an app in Classic and using your Classic metadata tools, you can easily create the app in Classic and then use the Transform to EPMA functionality when you're ready to convert. It's quick and easy. Also, if you want to go back to Classic, you can use the copy app utility and your EPMA application can be converted back to Classic.
Hope this helps.