This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 1:16 PM by 966848 RSS

Error Unexpected data type code: None. (180,605)

966848 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've created a new CI off of the JOURNAL_ENTRY_IE component. Nothing fancy-- just a new CI with all default values. When I try to create a new journal entry using the CI, I get this error:

Error: Unexpected data type code: None. (180,605) At JRNL_HEADER.LEDGER_GROUP.RowInit   PCPC:2612  Statement:63

Any ideas on how to fix this?
  • 1. Re: Error Unexpected data type code: None. (180,605)
    966848 Newbie
    Going to debug mode, its either failing on line 62:

If &RETURN = 2 Then

or line 63:

DoCancel();

I don't know what is wrong with any of these lines though.
  • 2. Re: Error Unexpected data type code: None. (180,605)
    966848 Newbie
    Ok, I got the issue somewhat fixed by commenting out a section of code but I don't know what effect it will have later. Anyway this is the before-and-after (where the before is giving me trouble and the after seems to work from a CI perspective):

Before:
    &RETURN = WinMessage(MsgGet(5010, 2, " ", JRNL_HEADER.JOURNAL_DATE, &OPEN_YEAR_FROM, &OPEN_PERIOD_FROM, &OPEN_YEAR_TO, &OPEN_PERIOD_TO), 49, &TITLE);
    If &RETURN = 2 Then
    DoCancel();
    End-If;

After:
    &RETURN = WinMessage(MsgGet(5010, 2, " ", JRNL_HEADER.JOURNAL_DATE, &OPEN_YEAR_FROM, &OPEN_PERIOD_FROM, &OPEN_YEAR_TO, &OPEN_PERIOD_TO), 49, &TITLE);
    /*** If &RETURN = 2 Then ***/
    DoCancel();
    /*** End-If; ***/

I was thinking that WinMessage doesn't return a number or something. Maybe someone can shed some light with the appropriate fix on the code above.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points