1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 8:42 PM by damorgan RSS

DICOM objects to MS SQL

Hello everyone. I need to create two interfaces:
      1. First one for Oracle with DICOM objects,
      2. Second one for MS SQL database.

I want to synchronize Oracle database (some part of tables) with MS SQL. The question is how can I do this (I need synchronize pictures which I'm storing in Oracle (Dicom standard) for MS Sql and open it from second interface)?

E.g. I have 10 databases with the same data (oracle databases with Dicom pictures) and I want to synchronize with one MS Sql database. How can I check which tables from oracle databases is containing the same data (e.g. when we have medical databases and the same person can be in 3 out 10 hospitals/databases). I have seen some suggestions in Internet about XML but I don't know how to do this. I'm sorry for my english. I hope you understand me :) I'll be appreciate for your help.
        • 1. Re: DICOM objects to MS SQL
          damorgan
          Q1: I need to create two interfaces: First one for Oracle with DICOM objects

A1: No you don't ... you need to read the docs. Demos here:
          http://www.morganslibrary.org/reference/plsql/dicom.html

Q2: I need to create two interfaces: Second one for MS SQL database.

A2: No you don't ... you need to read the docs.
          http://tahiti.oracle.com

Finally you wrote: " I have 10 databases with the same data (oracle databases with Dicom pictures) and I want to synchronize with one MS Sql database."

Why? Why would anyone have 10 databases with the exact same information and equally bad want it in two different products? I don't know what country you are in but in the US, Canada, and most of Europe what you are indicating you have and are trying to do would not make it past a government review. You are talking, after all, about personal medical diagnostic information with patient names, hospital names, physician names, etc.

So my advice is that you push yourself away from the keyboard, write a business case justifying what you have (including version numbers and operating systems which you seem to think unimportant) then write a business (not technical) justification for your plans.

What you want to do is easy. What I think you are trying to do like watching a horror movie in a theatre. The ending is going to be really messy with bodies everywhere.