965322 wrote:I would suggest the following:
Dear all ,
I have two servers :
1. OS . Redhat 4 32-bit have the EBS 126.96.36.199 .
2. OS . Oracle Linux 5.3 64-Bit have the DB 10.2.0.5 .
i want to upgrade the EBS to R12 and migrate it on another server 64-Bit .
Can you provide me please with the steps for this with the notes number.
and should i run the upgrade first or migrate first.
should i download R12 32-bit or 64-bit for linux .
where should i run the rapidwiz .
Note : the DB will stay on the same server and wont change anything on it.
Thanks. waiting your reply.
Thanks hussein for your reply but i dont need to upgrade DB to 11 i will stay on 10g .Skip/Ignore Step 1 above.
about the appsYes.
Install R12 (64-bit) and upgrade to 12.1.1 on Node 1 after you install a 64-bit OS
do you mean format the server and install fresh R12 on it ?
and if you mean that how can i connect the DB to this fresh install?You will be prompted to type the database tier node details in Rapid Install.
is there any thing need to be taken from the 11i ?Custom files.
and when i run the rapidwiz in the R12 which option i should choose. install or upgrade?You need to run it twice. Please see the upgrade guide for details.
965322 wrote:What do you mean by install R12 on another server? Please elaborate more.
1. what if i will install R12 on another server ? i mean on a standalone server not the same 11i server?
2. how to copy my custom reports and custom workflows to R12 from R11 ?You can copy custom reports using any OS copy command -- http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/os-backup-commands.php
965322 wrote:Your steps are correct.
here is the steps . if there is something wrong please tell me :
1. Install OS 64 bit on server .
2. begin rapidinstall for R12 64-bit and choose upgrade option.
3. pass the existing database configuration when it ask for it.
4. follow the upgrade guide.
5. after finishing R12 installation copy custom reports and forms and wf from 11i.
is there any comment about this steps ?