This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 12:53 AM by 983910 RSS

Blank page after file upload

983910 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
we are facing problem with Apex Listener 2.0 connecting to Apex 4.1.1. The Apex Listener is deployed on Tomcat. Almost everything works correctly, with one exception - uploading files. After uploading file, blank page with url http://server:8062/apex/wwv_flow.accept is displayed and stuck there. The file, however, uploads successfuly. The same functionality (using the same page) works correctly when used without Apex Listener.
No error messages can be found, neither in Tomcat log nor in Apex Listener log.

I've experimented with several configurations uploaded from Listener admin in SQL Developer or minimal configurations from samples - this is my current config:

-----
Configuration properties for: apex
cache.caching=false
cache.directory=/tmp/apex/cache
cache.duration=days
cache.expiration=7
cache.maxEntries=500
cache.monitorInterval=60
cache.procedureNameList=
cache.type=lru
db.hostname=localhost
db.password=******
db.port=1521
db.sid=xe
debug.debugger=false
debug.printDebugToScreen=true
error.keepErrorMessages=true
error.maxEntries=50
jdbc.DriverType=thin
jdbc.InactivityTimeout=1800
jdbc.InitialLimit=3
jdbc.MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000
jdbc.MaxLimit=10
jdbc.MaxStatementsLimit=10
jdbc.MinLimit=1
jdbc.statementTimeout=900
log.logging=true
log.maxEntries=50
misc.compress=
misc.defaultPage=apex
security.disableDefaultExclusionList=false
security.maxEntries=2000
db.username=APEX_PUBLIC_USER
security.inclusionList=
sqldev.description=
sqldev.name=apex
-----

As I saw in other thread, blank pages are most commonly caused by mismatched static files - however my i/apex_version.txt matches the server version, so I don't suspect that to be the case.

Would you have any ideas on what to check or what could possibly be wrong?

Thank you.
  • 1. Re: Blank page after file upload
    Nattu Explorer
    Hi,

check the following entries in the defaults.xml file in the apex listener configuration folder.
    <entry key="icap.port"/>
    <entry key="icap.server"/>
    If so, remove them, it will work.

Regards,

Natarajan
  • 2. Re: Blank page after file upload
    983910 Newbie
    Helllo,
    thank you for the hint - those two entries were causing problems for us previously, but they are not present now and file upload still doesn't work.

We have even tried removing Tomcat out of the equation, but the problem occurs as well when Apex Listener is running in standalone mode.
  • 3. Re: Blank page after file upload
    Udo Guru
    Hi,

did you try to reproduce that error on apex.oracle.com?
    Possibly the error is not in the web server (configuration), but within your application...

-Udo
  • 4. Re: Blank page after file upload
    983910 Newbie
    Hello,
    does apex.oracle.com use Apex Listener? The application works fine without it (when accessing directly through built-in server).

The error might really lie in the application, I'm just wondering why would it manifest only when accessed through listener (especially given the nature of the error, where file uploads successfuly but empty page is displayed).
  • 5. Re: Blank page after file upload
    Udo Guru
    does apex.oracle.com use Apex Listener?
    Yes. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in seeing your application there. ;)
    The application works fine without it (when accessing directly through built-in server).
    No question. Which Tomcat version did you deploy your APEX Listener to? Possibly it's using an outdated (unsupported) Java Servlet specification.
    And how did you configure your HTTP connector?

-Udo
  • 6. Re: Blank page after file upload
    Colm Divilly Journeyer
    Firstly I would try reproduce the problem when running in standalone mode, rather than deployed on Tomcat. If the issue does not occur then problem lies in Tomcat, upgrade to the latest Tomcat version if that's the case.

If it still does not work try the following steps (which demonstrate uploading a file):

Choose SQL Workshop

Choose SQL Scripts

Click Upload

Choose a file and press upload

If that works ok, then finally try uploading your application to apex.oracle.com and see if you can reproduce the issue there.

Thanks,
    Colm
  • 7. Re: Blank page after file upload
    983910 Newbie
    Hello,
    thank you all for help. It turns out that it was indeed issue with the code itself. It's strange that it doesn't manifest without Apex Listener, but it was incorrect code.

I'm a system administrator (not a programmer) and I assumed that since the only change to the system was added Listener, it must be a problem with incorrect configuration - I was wrong :-)

When I tried replicating the problem on apex.oracle.com, I noticed that After Processing branch redirecting to another page was completely missing from our code. When I removed the branch from apex.oracle.com, it stopped working (logically) too - the solution was therefore to add After Processing branch redirecting to some other page with "include process success message" checked.

I still don't understand how it could have worked without Apex Listener in the first place :-)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points