2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 3:35 AM by Alex1 RSS

Security on obiee 11g using repository

Alex1
      In my rpd I have differents subject areas. There is one subject area that has a column in fact table called "profile"

This column has different values (12) in fact table: 1,2,3,4,5,6...12 Each number belongs a role of obiee, so I have 12 obiee roles.

Column has values: (1,2,3...12) and Roles in EM are called Role1, Role2, Role3,....Role12 and somehow I have to join this...

My users are on LDAP security and that users belongs to groups of LDAP, so one group of LDAP is one role of Obiee.

My assignment is filter rows of fact table depends of user that log in to obiee.

One user may belong to group1, group2 and group7 so this user will belong to role1,2 and 7 and only see rows in that fact table was profile 1,2,7

How can I achieve this???

Thank you very much!
        • 1. Re: Security on obiee 11g using repository
          Amith Y
          Alex1 wrote:
          In my rpd I have differents subject areas. There is one subject area that has a column in fact table called "profile"

This column has different values (12) in fact table: 1,2,3,4,5,6...12 Each number belongs a role of obiee, so I have 12 obiee roles.

Column has values: (1,2,3...12) and Roles in EM are called Role1, Role2, Role3,....Role12 and somehow I have to join this...

My users are on LDAP security and that users belongs to groups of LDAP, so one group of LDAP is one role of Obiee.

My assignment is filter rows of fact table depends of user that log in to obiee.

One user may belong to group1, group2 and group7 so this user will belong to role1,2 and 7 and only see rows in that fact table was profile 1,2,7

How can I achieve this???

Thank you very much!
          Create an external table to maintain the list of user's and the role number they are associated with based on the role's they belong to. Then populate the value of the role numbers into a session variable and use that to filter on that particular field from the fact table. Make sure to do a row-wise initialization on the session variable, and write a select distinct query to avoid duplicate values.
          • 2. Re: Security on obiee 11g using repository
            Alex1
            Thanks for your reply!

Finally I can get my assignment creating one role of each group (total of 12 roles) and from obiee administration->Identity I choose each role and I filter with my column of fact table...so I get a good result. For role 1 (group 1 (users that can see profile1)) filter in fact table: profile=1...