This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 9:50 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps

984197 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hii..
what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps(R12.1.3) for 250 users and pfile parameters of database
  • 1. Re: what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl post database version. You do not need to change any parameters in the application context files. You will need to change parameters in the database init.ora file. Pl see Section 7 in this MOS Doc

Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 396009.1]

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    981194 wrote:
    Hii..
    what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps(R12.1.3) for 250 users and pfile parameters of database
    You need to change the processes initialization parameter -- bde_chk_cbo.sql - EBS initialization parameters - Healthcheck [ID 174605.1]

For the pfile/spfile please see these docs.

How to Migrate from a Pfile to an Spfile [ID 166601.1]
    All What you Wanted To Know About SPFILE and PFILE Files [ID 293698.1]
    Pfile vs SPfile [ID 249664.1]
    Startup of an Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g Instance using SPFile or Init.ora Parameter File [ID 162491.1]
    How to Modify the Content of an SPFILE Parameter File [ID 137483.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps
    984197 Newbie
    Hii Srini,
    Thanks for the reply..Our instance is of following version

Apps : R12.1.3
    DB: 11.1.07

But i came to know we need change parameters like s_oacore_nprocs,MaxPermSize,-Xmx for Forms and Oacore in Context file of apps, based on number of users .Is it correct???
  • 4. Re: what parameters should be changed in context file of oracle apps
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    But i came to know we need change parameters like s_oacore_nprocs,MaxPermSize,-Xmx for Forms and Oacore in Context file of apps, based on number of users .Is it correct???
    Yes.

JVM: Guidelines to setup the Java Virtual Machine in Apps Ebusiness Suite 11i and R12 [ID 362851.1]
    Configuring various JVM tuning parameters for Oracle E-Business suite 11i and R12 [ID 567551.1]
    Oracle EBS R12 Context Variables [ID 458282.1]
    Increasing Number of JVMs Allocated to oacore Process Causes Login Problems [ID 731115.1]
    After Increasing the Number of OACORE OC4J Processes to More Than 5, adoacorectl.sh is Exiting With Status 204 [ID 1177323.1]
    How To Determine The Number Of Java Virtual Machines (JVM's) Started By Oacore Used By Oracle Payments [ID 1372586.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points