5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 8:20 PM by basu008

Issue with File Adapter in reading xml file

Hi,

I have created simple BPEL process that reads xml file from the file system. The BPEL process has only recieve activity. The file kept in directly getting deleted and archived as expected but the payload is not shown bpel instance. BPEL instance is remaining in '*Running*' state for ever.

i already confirmed that polling directory and archive directory and file have required file permissions. The log file is not showing any error.

JCA file:
      -----------
      <adapter-config name="ReadFile" adapter="File Adapter" wsdlLocation="ReadFile.wsdl" xmlns="http://platform.integration.oracle/blocks/adapter/fw/metadata">

<connection-factory location="eis/FileAdapter" UIincludeWildcard="*.xml"/>
      <endpoint-activation portType="Read_ptt" operation="Read">
      <activation-spec className="oracle.tip.adapter.file.inbound.FileActivationSpec">
      <property name="DeleteFile" value="true"/>
      <property name="MinimumAge" value="0"/>
      <property name="PhysicalDirectory" value="/home/oracle/temp"/>
      <property name="Recursive" value="true"/>
      <property name="PollingFrequency" value="30"/>
      <property name="PhysicalArchiveDirectory" value="/home/oracle/MyRead"/>
      <property name="IncludeFiles" value=".*\.xml"/>
      <property name="UseHeaders" value="false"/>
      </activation-spec>
      </endpoint-activation>

</adapter-config>
        • 1. Re: Issue with File Adapter in reading xml file
          Abhinav
          Hi,

Did you have check marked create instance in receive activity.

Do you have defined the schema for input xml ?
          • 2. Re: Issue with File Adapter in reading xml file
            Did you have check marked create instance in receive activity
            I am expecting that this can't be the case, as it will result in a compilation error (There is not an activity (receive/pick) to start the process )and hence can't be deployed.

As Siva posts says he has deployed it, we may rule out this doubt.

Edited by: 980644 on Jan 16, 2013 8:43 AM
            • 3. Re: Issue with File Adapter in reading xml file
              Abhinav
              I have created simple BPEL process that reads xml file from the file system. The BPEL process has only recieve activity.
              As per your post, you have mentioned the same.

If you are not using receive/pick activity, how's your BPEL process is initiating or accepting the request.
              Are you passing your input payload to mediator from Inbound File adapter??
              • 4. Re: Issue with File Adapter in reading xml file
                Did you have check marked create instance in receive activity
                I am expecting that this can't be the case, as it will result in a compilation error (There is not an activity (receive/pick) to start the process )and hence can't be deployed.

As Siva posts says he has deployed it, we may rule out this doubt.
                • 5. Re: Issue with File Adapter in reading xml file
                  basu008
                  I am sure you are going to add more activities to your bpel process in the future.

So please try adding an "Empty" activity or a dummy assign activity as the second step in your BPEL and rerunning it.

By the way, one question on your File Adapter Configuration.

1. Have you configured a Opaque schema on your FileAdapter ? If so it should show you as Opaque. Are you encountering this ?

If you have configured a custom schema, have you checked if your file confirms to the specification ?

If possible, please paste the XML displayed for the Receive activity (may be a screenshot).