This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 5:01 PM by Bryan Burr RSS

To delete record using AFGJOB.jdt rule DelExtRecords based on many condtns

979471 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a scenario where in i have to delete records in my extract during gendata using the rule DelExtRecords rule present in my AFGJOB.jdt file. But the conditions to delete the records musted be checked in multiple records other than those to be deleted.

The current syntax we use ';DelExtRecords;;31,04BROK,122,00;' checks the condition in one particular record and deletes the same if satisfied.

But my expected output should delete records if multiple conditions from various records are checked and found to be valid.

Please help me with any new rules or modifications to my current rule to suit my output.
  • 1. Re: To delete record using AFGJOB.jdt rule DelExtRecords based on many condtns
    AndyLittle Explorer
    The DelExtRecords rule uses the standard search mask format, which is +offset,data offset,data [offset,data,...]+. This means that you can specify multiple offset,data pairs in your search mask. DelExtRecords deletes only those records which match all of the criteria specified - that is, for a single record line in your extract, all the search mask parameters must evaluate to true for that specific record to be deleted. DelExtRecords does not have a method that allows comparison of values in different records to select a record for deletion. All search mask values are evaluated for a single record.

For additional information on search mask formatting, review the Documaker Rules Reference guide (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17552_01/rul_book.pdf) on page 274.

You might consider using Transall (if you are licensed to do so) or another 3 ^rd^ party data manipulation tool to evaluate and modify your input data prior to processing with Documaker.

Edited by: Andy Little on Jan 15, 2013 11:24 AM
  • 2. Re: To delete record using AFGJOB.jdt rule DelExtRecords based on many condtns
    979471 Newbie
    Thanks Andy Little for response.

Could you please tell me in detail about Transall as i am using a licensed to use all possible options to implement my requiremnts.

I hope it might help me as DelExtRecords is not inline to implement my requirements.
  • 3. Re: To delete record using AFGJOB.jdt rule DelExtRecords based on many condtns
    AndyLittle Explorer
    Rather than give an extensive dissertation on how Transall works, you can read Chapter 3 in the Transall documentation.

Documentation for Transall 12.1 - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E22582_01/Transall%2012.1.pdf
    Documentation for Transall 12.0 - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14969_01/E14969.pdf

You can locate and download Transall on Oracle's eDelivery site - search for Oracle Insurance Applications on the appropriate platform and then select the Oracle Documaker Standard Edition media pack, and you'll see the Transall download therein.

-Andy
  • 4. Re: To delete record using AFGJOB.jdt rule DelExtRecords based on many condtns
    Bryan Burr Newbie
    Contact your Oracle Account Manager to find out if you are licensed to use Transall. Most Documaker customers are licensed to do so. If you don't know your Oracle Account Manager you can ask Oracle Support and they can find your Account Manager, just log a Service Request of RFI.
    -DA

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points