This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 10:12 AM by Vik Kumar RSS

unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit

Vik Kumar Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to install odi after installing the RCU on a compatible db.

The odi i downloaded from is http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/data-integrator/downloads/index.html

the setup starts in command line initially and passes monitor and min CPU requirements and then shows please wait for some time and then finally quits without showing any error etc,

Please advise
  • 1. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    i guess it is 64 bit. Right ?

1. Unzip the downloaded file in to a folder.
    2. Make sure you have installed Jdk in a path having no space (C\Java\jdk1.6.0_21)
    3. Go to start menu and open run. Type cmd and go to the location where you have the unzipped files using CD command.
    4. Then use below command with JDK (not JRE )

setup.exe -jreLoc C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_33

It should be fine now. Still issue then ping me.
  • 2. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Vik Kumar Explorer
    this is exactly what i did... i see the cmd prompt running for couple of minutes and then closes without even letting to see if there was some error
  • 3. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Phanikanth Pro
    Hi

I hope you tryed the setup.exe -JreLoc JAVA_HOME from D:\ODI11g_111160\Disk1\ location right,

if yes, can you try the same command from below location D:\ODI11g_Software\ODI11g_111160\Disk1\install\win64 (incase if you downloaded generic software from oracle website)

Note: Make sure that your JDK version should be jdk1.6.0_37 or higher version if you installing ODI 11g (ver 11.1.1.6.0) in Windows 7 64 bit machine

Hope it will helps you

Regards,
    Phanikanth
  • 4. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Vik Kumar Explorer
    yes i downloaded the win 64 for all platforms version and ran install/win64/setup.exe as follows:

D:\softwares\office\Disk1\install\win64>setup.exe -jreLoc C:\jre6

where the jre6 is latest jre6 but samething happened. i.e. it terminated after few minutes
  • 5. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    D:\softwares\office\Disk1\install\win64>setup.exe -jreLoc C:\jre6
    Do not use jre as i said you earlier. use jdk instead. even if th you are using -jreLoc but give jdk path (-jreLoc jdk_path).

Still issues then last try from my side is
    Copy the software from D drive to C drive and do the same thing i mentioned above
  • 6. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Phanikanth Pro
    Hi

Don't give jre path, please give jdk path

for -jreLoc, please make sure that 'j' and 'l' should be capital letters eg: -JreLoc but not -jreLoc

eg: D:\softwares\office\Disk1\install\win64>setup.exe -JreLoc C:\jdk1.6.0_37 or higher version

JDK Location:

When you install JDK it will located default in C:\Program File\Java\jdk1.6.0_xxx or else you can use JDk path which is comming with Weblogic if you alrady installed Weblogic 11g (Co-herence version 10.3.6) in your windows 7 64 bit architecture

it will may be located Drive: MW_HOME\Middleware\jdk1.6.0_xxx

Regards,
    Phanikanth
  • 7. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Vik Kumar Explorer
    So

now this is what i typed: C:\Disk1\install\win64>setup.exe -JreLoc C:\jdk1.6.0_38 (I copied the software to c drive and using jdk now)

same story it runs for a while and finally gives an error in a popup window as: Could not find the main class : reLoc. Program will exit
  • 8. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    j must be lower case (- jreLoc).
    Only L in upper case
  • 9. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Vik Kumar Explorer
    ok i could see the launcher now.

I opted to choose all the options that is standalone, java ee installation etc. and when it came to ask me about database and supervisor user details I see an error:
    INST-07509: specified master repository schema details are not valid.
    Verify the values. Make sure the master Database schema version is correct and master repository is created with appropriate Repository Creation Utility.

I have run the repository creation utlity and have created the odi schema already. So, I am not sure why it is not working? version of rcu i used is      Repository Creation Utility (11.1.1.3.3)
  • 10. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    961221 Newbie
    If you have downloaded odi version 11gR1 (11.1.1.6.0), you need to make sure that you create your repositories using RCU (11.1.1.6.0), then only the repositories are compatible. You won't be able to use the repos created with another version of RCU.

You can download RCU (11.1.1.6.0) here

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/data-integrator/downloads/index.html

Hope this helps
  • 11. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Vik Kumar Explorer
    ok now while using it on launcihing the installer wizard if i use system as username and role as normal it let me go ahead but when i chose odi schema and do next it fails with following error:
    2013-01-16 15:11:36.610 NOTIFICATION rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.common.dbutil.jdbc.JDBCEngine::connect: Connecting to database: user:system, role:Normal, connectString:(description=(address=(host=slc03lod.us.oracle.com)(protocol=tcp)(port=1522))(connect_data=(service_name=SLC03LOD)(server=dedicated)))
    2013-01-16 15:11:48.233 NOTIFICATION rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.common.task.ProgressPanel::progressToNextTask: waiting for delegate to be visible
    2013-01-16 15:11:48.244 NOTIFICATION rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.common.task.ProgressPanel::progressToNextTask: waiting for delegate to be visible
    2013-01-16 15:11:48.266 NOTIFICATION rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask::run: Executing Task: Master and Work Repository
    2013-01-16 15:11:48.266 NOTIFICATION rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.validation.PrereqEvaluator::executePrereqTask: Prereq taskId = ODI
    2013-01-16 15:11:48.266 NOTIFICATION rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.validation.PrereqEvaluator::executePrereqTask: Starting component prereq check
    2013-01-16 15:11:48.287 ERROR rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.PrereqTask::execute: Prereq Evaluation Failed
    oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.validation.PrereqException: RCU-6083:Failed - Check prerequisites requirement for selected component:ODI
    Please refer to RCU log at D:\softwares\office\rcuHome\rcu\log\logdir.2013-01-16_14-17\rcu.log for details.
         at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.validation.PrereqEvaluator.executePrereqTask(PrereqEvaluator.java:658)
         at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.PrereqTask.execute(PrereqTask.java:68)
         at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask.run(TaskRunner.java:306)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

2013-01-16 15:11:48.288 ERROR rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask::run: RCU Operation Failed
    oracle.sysman.assistants.common.task.TaskExecutionException: RCU-6083:Failed - Check prerequisites requirement for selected component:ODI
    Please refer to RCU log at D:\softwares\office\rcuHome\rcu\log\logdir.2013-01-16_14-17\rcu.log for details.
    User should have sysdba privileges

at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.PrereqTask.execute(PrereqTask.java:76)
         at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask.run(TaskRunner.java:306)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

If i try to connect system with role sysdba then it says invalid username/pwd however i am able to connect the system as sysdba from sqlplus
  • 12. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    While odistudio installation, SKIP the repository connection. We can do it after the installation by creating a new connection.

http://dwteam.in/odi-11-1-1-6-installation-on-windows-server-2008-64-bit/

http://dwteam.in/creating-repositories-in-odi-11-1-1-5/
  • 13. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Vik Kumar Explorer
    so what is the type of installation i should use ? My requirement is to be able to call a soap web service from ODI ?

on installation there are 3 options like standalone, java ee development etc

Please advise
  • 14. Re: unable to install odi on windows 7 64 bit
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    Click on all check boxes available that is developer, standalone and java ee
    Once installation is done you can proceed as per your requirement. Here is one link to understand the webservice in odi.
    http://dwteam.in/invoke-odi-scenario-using-web-service/
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points