This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 5:23 AM by Dean Gagne RSS

import unlimited tables

899401 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

i have created a user which import only 1000 tbales at a time but i want it to be import entire 5000 tables at a time what command i should give to this user to import more tables

thanks
  • 1. Re: import unlimited tables
    Niket Kumar Pro
    there is no such thing limit of number of table imported.....
    are you getting any error after 1000 tables......
  • 2. Re: import unlimited tables
    CKPT Guru
    896398 wrote:
    Hi,

i have created a user which import only 1000 tbales at a time but i want it to be import entire 5000 tables at a time what command i should give to this user to import more tables

thanks
    What is the version?
    Why can't use Schema Export? if you have skip only less number of tables then use EXCLUDE clause. http://www.oracle-ckpt.com/metadata-filtering-with-exclude-using-expdp/
  • 3. Re: import unlimited tables
    899401 Newbie
    no at a time it is importing 1000 only , can we give some tablespace command .please suggest the command to give unlimited tablespace
    thanks

Edited by: 896398 on Jan 17, 2013 3:07 AM
  • 4. Re: import unlimited tables
    Niket Kumar Pro
    post the command....
  • 5. Re: import unlimited tables
    Dean Gagne Expert
    The version you are using will help here more than you think.

In some older versions of Data Pump, you could only export up to 4000 character table string. So, if your table names were 19 characters, you could only have 200 tables on the command. Got to add the , between names. This was fixed so you can have unlimited tables in the command. The same was true for tablespaces as well. I believe that there is no longer a limit, so make the table list as long as you want.

So, to help us help you, please list the version and the command.

Dean

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points