This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 6:56 AM by 926401 RSS

ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue

944856 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm a newbie to ODI, and have downloaded the software and the demo environment (plus instructions). Setup seems to go fine, but when I get to the point where I should connect to the demo environment, I follow the instructions but am unable to type in WORKREP as the Working Repository - the field is greyed out, and I cannot proceed further.

I have started the demo environment using startdemo.bat, and everything else seems OK (or at least doesn't error) aside from this.

Am I correct in saying that the RCU does not need to be run, just to use the Demo Environment?

Please can anyone help? I would like to evaluate the product but have run up against this wall.

Many thanks,

Ian
  • 1. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    RicksonLewis Explorer
    Hi Ian,

You're right. You do not need to create a new repository since the demo already comes with a built-in HSQL repository.

The reason i think the work repository section is greyed out, maybe because the section "Master Repository Only" is selected?

If this is the case, then select Work Repository and then click on the magnifying glass icon, it should automatically popup a smaller window with the workrepository name.

I hope this helps.

Just to make sure you are using the right credentials, here are from my demo setup.

1) Oracle Data Integrator Connection:

Login name: ODI_DEMO
    User: SUPERVISOR
    Password: SUNOPSIS

2) Database Connection(Master Repository):

User: sa
    Password:

Driver List: Hypersonic SQL Driver

Driver Name: org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver

URL: jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost

3) Work Repository

Select "Work Repository" radio button and then click on the magnifying glass icon, it should automatically popup a smaller window with the workrepository name i.e "WORKREP"

I Hope this helped,

Regards,
    Rickson Lewis

Edited by: Rickson Lewis on Jun 20, 2012 8:45 PM

Edited by: Rickson Lewis on Jun 20, 2012 9:04 PM
  • 2. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    944856 Newbie
    Hi Rickson,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately what you suggest doesn't work at my end - when I select the Work Repository radio button and click on the magnifying glass, I get ODI-26130 - Could not connect to the repository - invalid repository connection. I changed all credentials to mirror yours too.

Frustrating - but thanks for your efforts.

Ian
  • 3. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    RicksonLewis Explorer
    Hi Ian,

The error suggests that possibly, the demo servers are not up and running.

When you run startdemo.bat - do you see three command prompts open up? one for source HSQL Server, one for the target and one for the repository?

If not then your HSQL demo is not up and running.

What i think could be the problem would be the ODI_JAVA_HOME variable in odiparams file in the demo setup.

Open up the file, ofm_odi_companion_generic_11.1.1.6.2_disk1_1o1\demo\oracledi-demo\oracledi\demo\bin\odiparams.bat and set the variable ODI_JAVA_HOME to a suitable Oracle JDK,

i.e in my case it was as below

set ODI_JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_31

Once you do this, try to run the startdemo.bat and retry. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
    Rickson Lewis

Edited by: Rickson Lewis on Jun 20, 2012 9:19 PM
  • 4. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    944856 Newbie
    Hi Rickson,

Sadly, it hasn't worked for me - I have even changed my Java version to match yours, and I still get the error above. There are indeed three command prompts informing me that the servers are running, but that Work Repository option is disabled for me, and clicking on the magnifying glass still causes the same error. I've tried it on a different machine and get the same error too - so I must be doing something silly - damned if I can work out what it is though!

Thank you for your help though - if you can think of anything else please let me know, as I'm well and truly stuck at the gate here!

Thanks

Ian
  • 5. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    RicksonLewis Explorer
    Hi Ian,

I cannot think of anything else which maybe affecting you. If you can please try to send a screenshot of the ODI login to rickson.philip@gmail.com and let me see if i can find something.

Regards,
    Rickson Lewis
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/rickson
  • 6. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    944856 Newbie
    I will do so this evening - thank you very much for your assistance, talk later.

Many thanks,

Ian
  • 7. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    RicksonLewis Explorer
    Hi Ian,

I checked the short video you sent me on my personal email. The error you receive is due to the incorrect ODI password.

I think the ODI password should be SUNOPSIS and not SUNOPSYS as mentioned in my initial post.

Please try with SUNOPSIS, The demo environment ODI password by default is set to SUNOPSIS, unless you have explicitly changed it to SUNOPSYS.

Coming to your 2nd question, i do not think any Virtual Box VM of ODI demo will be available publicly.

Regards,
    Rickson Philip Lewis
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/rickson
  • 8. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    944856 Newbie
    You're correct - it works!

And now I feel immensely stupid but immensely relieved! My fault for not reading your instructions in detail - a lesson learned.

Thank you for your assistance, and for your patience - truly appreciated, and good karma is coming your way.

Thank you

Ian
  • 9. Re: ODI Demo Environment - Work Repository issue
    926401 Newbie
    Hi,

I had similar issue on Windows..

Solution,

1) I downloaded jrockit SDK.
    2) Pointed JAVA_HOME to this installation
    3) Extract the demo folder (i.e. under <ODI_HOME> as odidemo)

Start the agent.

Run ODI enter the details as described in http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14571_01/integrate.1111/e12641/start_odi.htm.

Specify the Oracle Data Integrator connection details as follows:

Login name: Getting Started - ETL Project

User: SUPERVISOR

Password: SUNOPSIS

Note that username and password are case sensitive.

Specify the Database Connection (Master Repository) details as follows:

User: sa

This is the database user ID/login of the schema (database, library) that contains the ODI master repository

Password: Leave this field empty.

Driver List: Select Hypersonic SQL Driver from the list.

This driver is required to connect to the DBMS supporting the master repository.

Driver Name: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver [This is different when populated by ODI]

URL: jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost
         or
         jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://<<hostip>>:<port>:<sid> (if you have db installed on different box)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points