This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 3:04 AM by bigdelboy RSS

Can anyone please suggest a good practice and study materials for 1z0-146?

580988 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Everyone

I want to give the 1Z0-146 Oracle 11g Advanced PL/SQL. I have given the previous exams 1zo-047 and 1zo-147. Can someone please suggest good study materials(books,online materials,practice test) for Iz0-146. Thanks!!!!

Regards
Gautam
  • 1. Re: Can anyone please suggest a good practice and study materials for 1z0-146?
    matthew_morris Expert
    Can someone please suggest good study materials(books,online materials,practice test) for Iz0-146.
    There are links to the documentation, third party books, and several online articles appropriate to this exam here:

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:EXAM_DETAILS:0::NO::P2_EXAM:1Z0-146
  • 2. Re: Can anyone please suggest a good practice and study materials for 1z0-146?
    bigdelboy Pro
    ms wrote:
    Hi Everyone

I want to give the 1Z0-146 Oracle 11g Advanced PL/SQL. I have given the previous exams 1zo-047 and 1zo-147. Can someone please suggest good study materials(books,online materials,practice test) for Iz0-146. Thanks!!!!

Regards
    Gautam
    I have additionallly noted the following kinde e-book:

http://www.cxguide.net/ - The Concise Expert Guide to PL/SQL ... which may have some relevance. This is available on kindle at Amazon (UK/US).. i may not be available to all countries.
    ... I suspect it is certification safe and uses original material
    .... There is preview material PDF at the author's website above. The style IMHO is possilby folksy and chatty which may not suit some people (though this is the introduction). '(Funnell (6 Aug 2011))'

It claims to cover all 1z0-146 certification topics.

.... What follows is a little off thread, and IMHO, and not probablly really useful to original poster, (those its useful to me to refer back to answering other questions).

Not relevant to 1z0-146 ... the PDF preview there suggests another book for learning PL/SQL ... which seems to reviews on amazon as again having a 'chatty style' ... which seems to have worked for some people and not for others. (Beginning PL/SQL: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Oracle) ISBN-13: 978-1590598825 )

( To give a bit of background here, only the last bit is relevant; I'm a PL/SQL OCA but I've never got round to upping it to PL/SQL OCP. I just passed my LPIC-2 201 ... but estimate I'd have to put in a litte more effort than I'd like to commit to to pass my LPIC-2 -202 than I'd like at the moment ... and I might be better to leave it for a couple of months and concentrate elsewhere first. Anyway a review of where I am today indicates a PL/SQL OCP might have more synergy with my short term objectives and less gap that a couple of other certifications I might pursue (and I was not thinking that way a month or even a week or even two days ago). And Matthew's references above are of course useful. ..... To get to get point I am undecided on a cost/risk/benefit is the above work by Funnell adds value for me).

Edited by: bigdelboy on 22-Jan-2013 01:27 - I have purchased and skim The Concise Expert Guide to PL/SQL. And I quite like it and think it is good value for money for me. The key point is it is certification safe. It doesn't reference 1z0-146 topics directly, but it did seem to cover most of the ground. Into the core of the book past the first chapter the style was far less folksy than I feared. It seemed to give some good hints and tips and and noted some behaviours that might not be as one would expect ... the sort of thing that would catch one out in an exam. I could see some people liking this a lot. (There will undoubtably be another set of people who will find it useless). This is not a complete review, nor necessarily accurate, but it is just to say I can see a number of 1z0-146 candidates (and even PL/SQL practioners) finding this useful.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points