backup on TAPE

Hi Guys ,

oracle 11g.2 ASM RAC under RHEL 5

we use HP DATA Protector to make a backed to TAPE

but now i need to remove the backup from tape :

the below script not work :
      run {
       allocate channel 'dev_0' type 'sbt_tape'
       parms 'SBT_LIBRARY=/opt/omni/lib/libob2oracle8_64bit.so,ENV=(OB2BARTYPE=Oracle8,OB2APPNAME=MEDI,OB2BARLIST=Mediation DB Whole Online - Archive Delete)';
       delete BACKUP OF ARCHIVELOG all COMPLETED BEFORE "sysdate-30" device type sbt;
      }

and 
      run {
       parms 'SBT_LIBRARY=/opt/omni/lib/libob2oracle8_64bit.so,ENV=(OB2BARTYPE=Oracle8,OB2APPNAME=MEDI,OB2BARLIST=Mediation DB Whole Online - Archive Delete)';
       delete obsolete;
      }
      the command executed successfully but when i go to tape drive the same size and the backup is not delete
      i don't know why ???? i open channel with tape and delete the backup and it's okay , but from tape side it self not delete ???

advice please........
        • 1. Re: backup on TAPE
          Osama_Mustafa
          you Just Want to Remove specific backup or just format Tape
          • 2. Re: backup on TAPE
            Osama_Mustafa
            If you want Format Tape using Hp Data Procter Just Check "devices and media" And Choose tape then Format
            • 3. Re: backup on TAPE
              no , cuz if i do format it will be formated all the pool
              and this pool contain the archivelog backed up of 2 database i just want to remove the backed up of archvie in med database
              • 4. Re: backup on TAPE
                Osama_Mustafa
                The below Link very useful , Both Using Different MMA :
                https://learnwithme11g.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/deleting-rman-no-expire-backups-from-tape/
                http://www.oraclesolved.com/general/Q_25458213-How-to-delete-RMAN-backups-from-tape.jsp
                • 5. Re: backup on TAPE
                  Hi , please see the below :
                  RMAN> ALLOCATE CHANNEL FOR MAINTENANCE DEVICE TYPE sbt;

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
                  RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
                  RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
                  RMAN-03009: failure of allocate command on ORA_MAINT_SBT_TAPE_2 channel at 01/1/2013 20:36:14
                  ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
                  ORA-27211: Failed to load Media Management Library
                  Additional information: 2
                  but i delete vie the below command and it's work fine , but on tape not deleted i don't know why ???
                  run {
                  delete BACKUP OF ARCHIVELOG all COMPLETED BEFORE "sysdate-3" device type sbt;
                  }
                  it's seems it is delete from another pool , but the pool that resbonsilbe for archive not delete the backup from the pool
                  but i delete as the above command.

thanks
                  • 6. Re: backup on TAPE
                    Osama_Mustafa
                    check your media library , did you add the Ip on /etc/hosts ?
                    • 7. Re: backup on TAPE
                      Osama_Mustafa
                      • 8. Re: backup on TAPE
                        Osama_Mustafa