6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 7:51 AM by 942911 RSS

OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite

Hi All,

I have an installation of OIM 11gR2, with SOA 11.1.1.6 and Weblogic 10.3.6, and I am currently trying to register a SOA Composite using the ant script reigsterworkflows-mp.xml (located in $OIM_HOME/server/workflows/registration).

The SOA Composite has been deployed successfully (using the Enterprise Manager--JDeveloper has also been attempted with success), but when the register script is run, the build fails with this error:

+[java] Jan 17, 2013 2:39:26 PM oracle.iam.platform.context.ContextManager <clinit>+
      +     [java] SEVERE: IAM-0030002+
      +     [java] oracle.jrf.UnknownPlatformException: JRF is unable to determine the current application server platform.+
      +     [java] at oracle.jrf.ServerPlatformSupportFactory.getInstance(ServerPlatformSupportFactory.java:79)+
      +     [java] at oracle.iam.platform.context.ContextManager.<clinit>(ContextManager.java:77)+
      +     [java] at oracle.iam.platformservice.api.ClientLoginSessionServiceDelegate.loginSessionCreated(Unknown Source)+
      +     [java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)+
      +     [java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)+

The APP_SERVER (and APPSERVER_TYPE, for good measure) environment variables have been set (tested with both "wls" and "weblogic"), but the script still fails.

Anyone encounter this issue or know what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite
          idamGod
          You dont have to register SOA composite in R2.

If you deploy it successfully to SOA server, you should be able to create approvval policis using your composite.

Give a try.
          • 2. Re: OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite
            Thanks for the reply, idamGod!

That was my impression, too, after reading the R2 docs, but when I tried making an approval policy on that composite, I got an error saying that there was a problem registering the approval process while creating the policy, which then led me to try and register manually, etc.

Are there any situations where I would HAVE to register by hand? Or there just an issue or SOA or the workflow or...?
            • 3. Re: OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite
              idamGod
              This could be delopyment error.

Post the errors that you got while creating approval policies here.
              • 4. Re: OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite
                Even though the deployment is fine, sometimes you will get error at the time of registration (in R2 while you associate SOA composite to the Approval Policy).

Example : REQUESTID is a simple type and can't be mapped to complex type.....something like that...

Can you provide the exception that you are getting in the logs...
                • 5. Re: OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite
                  Durgaprasad
                  First of all the registration process is not at all necessary in 11gR2. When you deploy the SOA composite it directly gets registered. even server restart is also not necessary. After deploying the composite u can create an approval policy and while creating the approval policy u will be able to select the SOA composite directly without registration.

Secondly there is a slight difference between 11gR1 and 11gR2 registration processes.

For registering SOA composite in 11gr2 it will prompt with the following questions

[input] Enter the username

[input] Enter the password

[input] Provide oim managed server URL (Ex:t3://oim_host:oim_port for weblogic and corbaloc:iiop:oim_host:oim_bootstrap_port for websphere)

[input] Input the domain of the workflow

[input] Input the name of the workflow

[input] Input the version of the workflow

[input] Input the service name of the workflow

[input] Input the human tasks in the workflow (multiple human tasks must be separated by colon(:))

First 3 questions are similar to 11gr1 registration utility. but from 4th question it is different .

There is no need of .props file in 11gR2 while registering.

So please skip this step as the SOA composite works perfectly without registration.

Also the error which you are getting during registration can be neglected as it wont affect the functionality in any way.
                  • 6. Re: OIM 11gR2 Problem registering SOA composite
                    Hey all, thanks for all the replies.

It appears the general consensus is correct, and it probably was just a deployment error (although not something that would've shown up in the logs, since nothing happened the first time around). I undeployed, restarted the server, and re-deployed and restarted the server, and the approval policy was created successfully.

Thanks for all the help!