This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 10:45 PM by thishum RSS

How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application

thishum Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
hi all,
I am using ADF 11g 2 release. I need to select one row in the table and clicking the button goto Jar file Application. I can get passing value but which is link to remote application. It Shows:::

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
*10.4.5 404 Not Found*

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

that is the error appear in web page....

my programming link coding is :

String aa=estnum;
String taskFlowURL = "http://localhost:7101/Workshop-ViewController-context-root/faces/adf.task-flow?_id=task-flow-definition-Estimate&_document=/WEB-INF/task-flow-definition-Estimate.xml&estno=" + aa;
return taskFlowURL;

these coding in method.
my projects are runing on localhost. but i changed it to 127.0.0.1 also. no any chance. so tell me how to write real url?? is there any setting changes?
task-flow-definition-Estimate is a remote taskflow call name.
i make remote application setcurrentrowwithkeyvalue to make estno as aparametor.
thanks.
  • 1. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

I am confused of what a "JAR file application" is.

1) Have you tried http://localhost:7101/Workshop-ViewController-context-root/faces/adf.task-flow?_id=task-flow-definition-Estimate&_document=/WEB-INF/task-flow-definition-Estimate.xml&estno="+aa;
    from a browser

2) Does the task flow have an input parameter "estno" ?

3) If you plan to return from the remote task flow, did you try a task flow cal activity so the return token gets generated and appended?

Frank
  • 2. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    thishum Explorer
    hi frank,
    I deploy a remote application as a jar file and add it to my current project.(that is why i used jar file application, sorry for my language.)
    1. I try it in browser but not work.
    2. yes, remote task flow as a parametor 'estno'.
    3. Not clear this question for me.( I am not used return task flow. now i add urlView for remote application, but same problem.) how to do this, about return token??
    thanks.. hpping help//
  • 3. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    Shay Shmeltzer Employee ACE
    Assuming that you are trying to call a taskflow in another application and pass parameters on the URL see if this helps:
    https://blogs.oracle.com/shay/entry/passing_parameters_to_adf_appl
  • 4. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    One other thing to check is that the task-flow you are trying to call is URL-invokalbe. If not you can't call it directly.
    open the remote task-flow in hte other project, select the 'overview' tab and open the 'Visibility' node on the general tab. There you set the 'URL Invoke' property to 'url-invoke-allowed'. Then you compile and the app and create the adfLib (the jar). Then start the other application and see is you can open the url directly from a browser. If yes it should work from the link too.

Timo
  • 5. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    thishum Explorer
    nothing happen , i did that u said thing.
    thanks.
  • 6. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    thishum Explorer
    can not see the video, can u give screen shot include web link??
    thanks
  • 7. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    Puthanampatti Guru
    try this..

String taskFlowURL = "/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=task-flow-definition-Estimate&adf.tfDoc=/WEB-INF/task-flow-definition-Estimate.xml"+aa;
    FacesContext facesCtx = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
    HttpServletRequest httpReq = (HttpServletRequest)facesCtx.getExternalContext().getRequest();
    String targetURI = httpReq.getContextPath() + taskFlowURL;
    try
    {
    facesCtx.getExternalContext().redirect(targetURI);
    facesCtx.responseComplete();
    }
  • 8. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    thishum Explorer
    hi Puthanampatti ,
    it will now show the remote web page. this is the code that i added...

String taskFlowURL = "/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=taskFlowCalldefinition&adf.tfDoc=/WEB-INF/taskFlowCalldefinition.xml&estno="+aa;
    FacesContext facesCtx = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
    HttpServletRequest httpReq = (HttpServletRequest)facesCtx.getExternalContext().getRequest();
    String targetURI = httpReq.getContextPath() + taskFlowURL;
    try
    {
    facesCtx.getExternalContext().redirect(targetURI);
    facesCtx.responseComplete();
    }
    catch(Exception e){
    System.out.println(taskFlowURL);
    }
    return taskFlowURL;

BUT according to my passing value that page not execute. it show it first value.. why is that??
    thanks ur response.pls response me above matter. why is the relevant no not match there?

it is only just redirect??
  • 9. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    thishum Explorer
    in log file has this message:::

<LifecycleImpl> <_handleException> ADF_FACES-60098:Faces lifecycle receives unhandled exceptions in phase INVOKE_APPLICATION 5
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.objectIfCommitted(ServletResponseImpl.java:1608)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.sendRedirect(ServletResponseImpl.java:834)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendRedirect(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:136)
         at com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.redirect(ExternalContextImpl.java:576)
         at javax.faces.context.ExternalContextWrapper.redirect(ExternalContextWrapper.java:462)
         at javax.faces.context.ExternalContextWrapper.redirect(ExternalContextWrapper.java:462)
         at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.config.rich.DetectRedirect.redirect(DetectRedirect.java:45)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.util.JsfInterfaceImpl.redirectToUrl(JsfInterfaceImpl.java:100)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.activity.TaskFlowCallActivityLogic.invokeRemoteTaskFlow(TaskFlowCallActivityLogic.java:422)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.activity.TaskFlowCallActivityLogic.execute(TaskFlowCallActivityLogic.java:188)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.engine.ControlFlowEngine.executeActivity(ControlFlowEngine.java:1091)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.engine.ControlFlowEngine.doRouting(ControlFlowEngine.java:982)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.engine.ControlFlowEngine.doRouting(ControlFlowEngine.java:880)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.engine.ControlFlowEngine.routeFromActivity(ControlFlowEngine.java:553)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.engine.ControlFlowEngine.performControlFlow(ControlFlowEngine.java:158)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.application.NavigationHandlerImpl.handleAdfcNavigation(NavigationHandlerImpl.java:115)
         at oracle.adfinternal.controller.application.NavigationHandlerImpl.handleNavigation(NavigationHandlerImpl.java:84)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.NavigationHandlerImpl.handleNavigation(NavigationHandlerImpl.java:50)
         at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:130)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCommand.broadcast(UIXCommand.java:190)
         at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:787)
         at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:1252)
         at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:970)
         at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:351)
         at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:207)
         at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:508)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
         at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:173)
         at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:125)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:468)
         at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.activedata.AdsFilter.doFilter(AdsFilter.java:60)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:468)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:293)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:199)
         at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
         at oracle.adf.library.webapp.LibraryFilter.doFilter(LibraryFilter.java:180)
         at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:119)
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
         at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:315)
         at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:442)
         at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:103)
         at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:171)
         at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71)
         at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:139)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
         at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
         at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
  • 10. Re: How to write URL for passing value from Application to Jar file Application
    thishum Explorer
    hi all,
    It is working now, which is my delay, i could not make invokeAction in remote application jsf page under binding. I did not create it and not it binding with setcurrentrowwithKeyValue.
    thanks all of ur corporation.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points