4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 11:52 PM by CH.ADITYA RSS

Transaction management in one-way bpel process

CH.ADITYA
      Hi,

I have created a one-way bpel process with oneWayDeliveryPolicy property - Sync and transaction property - required. When I exposed this service as SOAP service, I see that Transaction Participation property in the Web Service Adapter in Exposed Services lane configured as NEVER. Does this mean that BPELCallee will not participate in the same transaction as BPEL caller??

Aditya
        • 1. Re: Transaction management in one-way bpel process
          Vineet.-Oracle
          Hi Aditya,

"NEVER" transaction participation in the service adapter in exposed services lane means that no transaction context will be imported when this service will be called.

--- Your feedback will help improving my knowledge. Please mark my reply as "Correct Answer" or "Useful answer" or none whichever you think is appropriate.

Thanks,
          Vineet
          • 2. Re: Transaction management in one-way bpel process
            CH.ADITYA
            But I have also set transaction property (bpel.config.transaction) as "required". Does this contradict with other property as it will ask the BPELCallee to join the same transaction. Please let me know.
            • 3. Re: Transaction management in one-way bpel process
              vladodias
              Hi,

The properties refer to different transaction support "contexts", as you can see in the docs bellow... The bpel.config.transaction refers to BPEL Process Manager Transaction Semantics, while the "Transaction Participation" refers to WS-AT which provides transaction interoperability between Oracle WebLogic Server and other vendors' transaction services... I've never tested myself but I'd guess if you are transacting among BPEL processes, the bpel.config.transaction will prevail...

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/dev.1111/e10224/soa_transactions.htm#CHDEHCFE
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/dev.1111/e10224/sca_bindingcomps.htm#SOASE86071

Cheers,
              Vlad
              • 4. Re: Transaction management in one-way bpel process
                CH.ADITYA
                yes Vladodias, Even though "Transaction Participation" is set as Never, the bpel process joined the same transaction because of bpel.config.transaction property which is set as "Required".