3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 10:08 AM by HamidHelal RSS

how to send multiple parameters to reports with REPORT_DESTYPE,FILE

user2040934
      Dear members,

I have the following code which call a REPORT from a FORM, and send the REPORT to printer:
      SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'xtran_id='||:tran_id||' paramform=no');
      in the following line I want to send 2 parameters.
      SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'xtran_id='||:tran_id||' &p_user='||:user||' paramform=no');
      here i have added the 2nd parameter, but its not printed on report.

where am I wrong?

Regards:

Edited by: user2040934 on Jan 17, 2013 3:50 PM
        • 1. Re: how to send multiple parameters to reports with REPORT_DESTYPE,FILE
          AlexDiniasi
          Hello,

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'xtran_id='||:tran_id||' p_user='||:user||' paramform=no');

No need for '&'. You just need to leave a space between the single parameters contained in the string(you already did this).
          E.g.:
          set_report_object_property(repid, report_other,'p_1='||:employee.name||' '||'p_2='||:employee.hire_date);

Kind regards,
          Alex

If someone's answer is helpful or correct please mark it accordingly.
          • 2. Re: how to send multiple parameters to reports with REPORT_DESTYPE,FILE
            user2040934
            Dear AlexDiniasi ,

thanks for you reply.

here my code:
            SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'xtran_id='||:ws_sale_m.tran_id||' '||'p_username='||:dummy.user||' paramform=no');
            but didn't find / show the 2nd parameter on report p_username, how to debug? where am I wrong?

regards:
            • 3. Re: how to send multiple parameters to reports with REPORT_DESTYPE,FILE
              HamidHelal
              user2040934 wrote:
              Dear AlexDiniasi ,

thanks for you reply.

here my code:
              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'xtran_id='||:ws_sale_m.tran_id||' '||'p_username='||:dummy.user||' paramform=no');
              but didn't find / show the 2nd parameter on report p_username, how to debug? where am I wrong?
              Hi,
              Add the following line at DECLARE Section
              QT VARCHAR2(10) :='''';
              then try the following line instead of u'r line
              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'paramform=no xtran_id='||QT||:ws_sale_m.tran_id||QT||' p_username='||QT||:dummy.user||QT);
              Hope this works...

Hamid

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.*