9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 1:12 AM by 864103 RSS

archive

Hi all ,

oracle 11g.2 ASM with RAC under RHEL5

we have /backup01 which is cluster file system between 2 nodes for backups and archive purposes ,
      i know we have 2 database ABS , ABSNL the ABS is old database the vender say he forget to remove it
      but today i found the /backup01 is 15 % but i knowi have job to clean this file system to tape and delete the archive log "delete input"
      so i check the ABS i found the it generate archive log , and the database is open the services it open , so can i know this archivelog related to which users
      or on which tables ,...,etc.
      [oracle@ccbs01 bin]$ ./srvctl status database -d ABS
      Instance ABS1 is running on node ccbs01
      Instance ABS2 is running on node ccbs02
      thanks
        • 1. Re: archive
          sb92075
          861100 wrote:
          Hi all ,

oracle 11g.2 ASM with RAC under RHEL5

we have /backup01 which is cluster file system between 2 nodes for backups and archive purposes ,
          i know we have 2 database ABS , ABSNL the ABS is old database the vender say he forget to remove it
          but today i found the /backup01 is 15 % but i knowi have job to clean this file system to tape and delete the archive log "delete input"
          so i check the ABS i found the it generate archive log , and the database is open the services it open , so can i know this archivelog related to which users
          or on which tables ,...,etc.
          [oracle@ccbs01 bin]$ ./srvctl status database -d ABS
          Instance ABS1 is running on node ccbs01
          Instance ABS2 is running on node ccbs02
          thanks
          how will you, I or anyone recognize a correct solution has been posted?

I ask the question above because I don't understand what problem you are trying to solve.

How do I ask a question on the forums?
          SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
          • 2. Re: archive
            okay , sorry for that , my question can i know the archive redolog files that generated
            it related to which tables or which users , statement ,...,etc???it's possible ???

thanks
            • 3. Re: archive
              sb92075
              861100 wrote:
              okay , sorry for that , my question can i know the archive redolog files that generated
              it related to which tables or which users , statement ,...,etc???it's possible ???

thanks
              http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/search?word=redo&partno=
              • 4. Re: archive
                EdStevens
                861100 wrote:

thanks
                It's still not clear what you want. Archivelogs are related to the database, not to tables, users, etc. All DML, regardless of who issues it and what it is operating against, goes to the redo logs and thus to the archivelogs. A given archivelog file is associated with exactly one (and only one) database.
                • 5. Re: archive
                  my question is very simple , let's say i have the below archive log
                  -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 4.4M Jan 19 01:29 o1_mf_2_997_8hmm76tp_.arc
                  can i know if it possible this archive log files what contain (delete, insert , or any ) just i need to know the contain of this file
                  , which users is do that means which user do a DML ???if it possible just share with me if there is data dictionary ???

thanks in advanced.
                  • 6. Re: archive
                    can i know if it possible this archive log files what contain (delete, insert , or any ) just i need to know the contain of this file
                    , which users is do that means which user do a DML ???if it possible just share with me if there is data dictionary ???

thanks in advanced.
                    • 7. Re: archive

thanks in advanced.
                      • 8. Re: archive
                        sb92075
                        861100 wrote:

thanks in advanced.
                        DBMS_LOGMNR() can reveal content of REDO log file.
                        • 9. Re: archive
                          thanks a lot .