3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 3:01 AM by 985955 RSS

Setting up RAC 11g r2 iscsi issue

Hii all,

I am setting up RAC in VMWARE using openfiler to get iscsi shared storage . I am using two nodes RHEl 5.4 and able to ping shared storage from both nodes. but problem is that shared storage is showing as /dev/sdc in first node and same storage is showing as /dev/sdb in second node. will it become any problem if i proceed ???

Edited by: 982952 on Jan 20, 2013 3:02 AM
        • 1. Re: Setting up RAC 11g r2 iscsi issue
          damorgan
          I can not say it will become a problem as your proposed configuration is unsupported and thus risky even in concept. You could try it ... you may fail. You could try substituting symbolic links ... that too may fail. You could also consider using a solution fully supported by Oracle which will work.

The question is how big an investment in time are you willing to gamble to get something that isn't a supported configuration?
          • 2. Re: Setting up RAC 11g r2 iscsi issue
            Hii, its not the production environment . I am doing it just on my own computer to learn 11g r2 RAC. All the two nodes and storage are in same vmware.
            • 3. Re: Setting up RAC 11g r2 iscsi issue
              IF i proceed the installation fails on pre - requisite check with message "device check for asm failed" (expected and self explanatory )........why the same storage is shown by two different names in two nodes

rac1-/dev/sdc and in rac2-/dev/sdb ?