This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 6:21 PM by Srinath Menon RSS

How to get Dynamic Converter URL

user10351697 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all

I need to get dynamic converter url of document like http://<localhost>:<port>/cs/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&dID=7411.
I use DOC_INFO_BY_NAME and i can find document url using 'DocUrl'. But i cannot find anything about dynamic converter.
How can i get the url just using RIDC?

Best Regards

Qian
  • 1. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi,

Dynamic Converter as the name suggests converts / displays the contents in HTML format on the fly (on request when the HTML option is selected) .It is not stored as pre-converted HTML rendition hence it will not have a pre-defined url or anything like that .

You will have to use the url which you have put as an example and pass the dID as the parameter to get the HTML output .

Let me know if I missed to address the actual requirement .

Thanks,
    Srinath
  • 2. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    user10351697 Newbie
    Hi

I want to display content using 'DocUrl' or Dyamic Converter URL.
    If the content has been converted to html then i use Dyamic Converter URL to display it.
    If the content has not been converted to html then i use DocUrl to display it.
    So my problem is how to determine whether the content has been converted?
    Whether i can get which format will be converted(convert format in Dynamic Converter Admin Configuration Setting) using RIDC?

Best Regards

Qian
  • 3. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi ,

Whether i can get which format will be converted(convert format in Dynamic Converter Admin Configuration Setting) ?

This is applicable for the UI alone where in all the formats that you want to have "HTML" option shown will be added from the above option .

As for getting Dynamic Conversion using the IdcService , all of the contents can be used irrespective of whether they are added in the DC Admin section or not . So if you want to show the HTML format then all you need to do is to call the GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION service and pass the dID of the respective contents .

Thanks,
    Srinath
  • 4. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    user10351697 Newbie
    Hi Srinath,

I donot want to convert content to html using dynamic converter.
    I am creating ucm mobile client application. My task is to get content from ucm which user connected and display the content to user.
    Because the ucm which user connected is different, so i cannot determine which format has been conveted to html in that ucm.
    For content which has been converted, i use html to display the content.
    For other content , i use DocUrl to display it.
    So i want to know whether i can get the converter format using code rather than UI.

Thanks

Qian
  • 5. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi ,

I think the point which is not clear is :

By default UCM does not do any Dynamic Conversion to any of the contents , whether the file format is selected in DC admin or not . It would be converted only when a user wishes it to be done so .

So , it again comes to the point where you will have to see if a particular content should be shown in HTML format or not . If yes , then only that content dID should be passed to GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION for output .

Thanks,
    Srinath
  • 6. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    user10351697 Newbie
    Hi,

I got 'hasDynamicConversion=1' using 'DOC_INFO_BY_NAME' service to detemine whether the document has been converted to html.

Thanks

Qian
  • 7. Re: How to get Dynamic Converter URL
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi Qian ,

I think this variable will be set for those contents which are configured to be DC Converted from DC Admin Page . It instructs the UCM UI to show "HTML" option on the content information page . That is what you see it when using the DOC_INFO_BY_NAME service .

Thanks,
    Srinath

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points