This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 6:43 PM by Desmo_MKIII RSS

Workflow reminders

Desmo_MKIII Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey

I have to do a client presentation soon, and one of their requirements is to have workflow "reminders" - that is, if a document has sat in someone's workflow queue for more than a day, they receive a reminder email. My first response was that UCM cannot do this, but was then told (by a reliable source) that there is a "setting" in the Workflow Admin applet (Criteria Workflow). I have been over the manual and through the applet a couple of times, and cannot see how to do this.

Does anyone know how to do this? Is it a standard setting, or do I have to write iDoc in one of the events?

Finally, apologies for asking this questions - I can see that it has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to get a complete answer to my issue.

Cheers,
A
  • 1. Re: Workflow reminders
    jiri.machotka Guru
    This is an iDocScript for the "Update" event.

The best reference is here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e10978/c05_workflows.htm#CIHDJDJE ( Example 4-7 Time-dependent Jump - this one is for 7 days)

Basically, what it does is the following:
    - "Update" is triggered on regular basis (there's a parameter for that - I think by default it is once an hour), or when there is a change (e.g. one of reviewers approves the item)
    - in your code (see the example) you check the time when the item entered the step (lastEntryTs)
    - if the time passes, you do whatever you need to do - in the example it sends a message, and jumps "back" to the same step - you might also want to jump to another step, or start a sub-workflow for escalations
  • 2. Re: Workflow reminders
    Desmo_MKIII Newbie
    Thanks again for the help, Jiri. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Here's the reference for the WorkflowIntervalHours parameter.
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/doc.1111/e10726/c06_core_ref302.htm

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points