This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
When receipt batch date is less than the " earliest due date among all Invoices", then system considers the Maturity Date as the earliest Invoice Due date which could be before the Maturity Date...
Below oracle reference contains the computation logic with illustrations under different scenario ..
How is the Maturity Date (=DUE_DATE) For An Automatic Receipt Derived? [ID 271194.1]
I am referring to creating a manual receipt, then making a remittance to the bank and subsequently clearing/reconciling the receipt against the bank statement.
We are using a Receipt Class with the following setup:
Creation Method: Manual
Remittance Method: Standard
Clearance Method: By Matching
"Maturity Date:When you remit a receipt, Receivables uses the maturity date to determine when to transfer funds from your customer's bank to one of your remittance bank accounts."
I am just wondering, since funds will be transferred on maturity date, why does receivables allow clearing/reconciling of the receipt before maturity date?
I have done the following test case ...
1) Created a Receipt Class with Creation Method: Manual, Remittance Method: Standard and Clearance Method: By Matching
2) Created a Manual receipt for the customer using the above Receipt Class Receipt Date and GL Date is 22-JAN-2013, whereas Maturity date is 25-JAN-2013
3) The status of the Receipt at this point of time is CONFIRMED
4) Went to Cash Management to check whether the Receipt is available for Clearing.. it was not available.. Since remittance is yet to take place..
5) Ran Automatic Remittances Master Program from Receivables....
6) The manual receipt created earlier is now changed from CONFIRMED to REMITTED
7) Went to Cash management, the receipt is now available for clearing.....
The issue in the above flow is that, when maturity date is set as 25th Jan, the remittance should not have happened in first place ....
I have made another test case with slight modification .....
1) Created a Manual Receipt with the same Receipt Class created earlier ...
2) Entered the Receipt & GL Date as 22-JAN-2013 and kept Maturity Date as 25-JAN-2013 (Same as earlier)
3) After entering the other basic information ..... Click on the MORE tab in the receipt screen ....
4) In the MORE tab, there is a remittance region where the Deposit Date defaults from the GL date / Receipt date but not the Maturity Date ....this was causing the issue in the earlier test case ....
5) I have changed the deposit date to 25-JAN-2013 i.e. same as Maturity Date ...
6) Ran Automatic Remittances Master Program from Receivables ....
7) The manual receipt has not been remitted ... it still stays in the confirmed status only ...Since no remittance has happened, Clearing will not take place either
So to conclude for Manual Receipts, the date entered in Maturity Date field is of no relevance ... in fact it is an optional field (colored in white, rather than
yellow) ... the date that is considered for remittance validation is the Deposit date which is under the MORE tab. .... Funds transfer takes place on Deposit Date ...hence the same will be available for Clearing as well .....
Can you check whether the above conclusion holds good for the issue you have on hand ....? Else i can run few more simulations and compare deviations in results ...