2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 6:25 AM by 073c2d9f-4868-4725-af7e-a96148ff3cbb RSS

Cannot Complie Contributor Interface

Today I ran into an error where the Contributor interface is not loading. When I checked my sites logs I found the following error

Caused by: weblogic.servlet.jsp.CompilationException: Failed to compile JSP /jsp/cs_deployed/UI/Layout/LeftNavigationAction.jsp
      LeftNavigationAction.jsp:145:37: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)
      treeData.put("tabs", StringUtils.join(filteredTabs, ","));

^-^
      LeftNavigationAction.jsp:149:44: The method join(Iterator, String) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (List<String>, String)
      treeData.put("excludetabs", StringUtils.join(excludedTabs, ","));

^-^

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JavelinxJSPStub.reportCompilationErrorIfNeccessary(JavelinxJSPStub.java:226)
      at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JavelinxJSPStub.compilePage(JavelinxJSPStub.java:162)
      at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:256)
      at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:216)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:244)
      ... 104 more

I am not really sure what I am doing wrong with my server, but this is keeping me from moving forward with my work. Has anyone seen this issue before?

System information
      Java: JRockit JDK-1.6.0_37-R28.25-4.1.0
      App Server: Weblogic 10.3
        • 1. Re: Cannot Complie Contributor Interface
          Rodney-Oracle
          Did you do they following:

For the WebCenter Sites Contributor interface to load properly, edit the setDomainEnv.sh file under the <domain_home>/bin directory and add the commons-lang-2.4.jar file, used by WebCenter Sites, to the PRE_CLASSPATH as follows:

PRE_CLASSPATH="<webapplication_stage_directory>/
          <webcenter_sites_webapplication>/WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang 2.4.jar:$PRE_CLASSPATH"

From the installation manual...
          • 2. Re: Cannot Complie Contributor Interface
            073c2d9f-4868-4725-af7e-a96148ff3cbb

make sure your classpath contains the ... commons-lang-2.4.jar. you can find this Jar under your CS webapp web-inf/lib folder.

I updated that jar file in classpath of startWeblogic.bat which solved my issue.

Hope you should resolved that issue by now, if not try this approach.