This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 4:38 PM by Dhanraj RSS

12.1 - AddMultiPageBitmap Rule  - UNIX - PDF & Word Doc Not Supporting

Dhanraj Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am trying to add a word/pdf document using the AddMultiPageBitmap Rule in Documaker 12.1 in Solaris . We use the PDFPrint Driver for generating the PDF Output. I see that rule works properly when we have a Tiff file to be added.

When we trying adding the PDF document , we don't see any error but the document doesnt get added.
For the word doccument , we get the below error and the document doesnt get added either:

DM20316: Error in AddMultiPageTIFF: An error occurred while attempting to load or include images from the TIFF <../mpath/eup.doc>.

Do we need to add any options in the INI file to support PDF/Word Document. Also the error files refers to "AddMultipageTIFF" even though we have used the AddMultiPageBitmap in the section.

Rule : ADDMULTIPAGEBITMAP
Data : File(../mpath/eup.doc)

We tried using the Type option for the PDF document as below , Not sure what should be used for the Word Document.

Rule : ADDMULTIPAGEBITMAP
Option I : Data : File(../mpath/eup.pdf) , TYPE(P)
Option II : Data : File(../mpath/eup) , TYPE(P)

Thanks in Advance.
  • 1. Re: 12.1 - AddMultiPageBitmap Rule  - UNIX - PDF & Word Doc Not Supporting
    681910 Newbie
    Hi,

Two possible causes:
    1) The document actually exist at ../mpath/eup.doc relative to where ODEE context runs the Docuamker publishing engine which is typically where the MRL is located (ORACLE_HOME/documaker/mstrres/dmres where ORACLE_HOME is your installation folder picked during installation).
    2) Your file is not named all lowercase on disk. It has to be the all lower-case because Unix/Linux is case sensitive file system so the file has to be exactly all lower-case to find the file. Unlike Windows on which case does not matter.

Regards,
    -Steve
  • 2. Re: 12.1 - AddMultiPageBitmap Rule  - UNIX - PDF & Word Doc Not Supporting
    Dhanraj Newbie
    Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. The issue doesn't seems to be either with the file path or file naming conventions. If I place an eup.tiff in the same directory , the tiff gets embed in the PDF document. This confirms that Documaker is reading the correct directory.

If I remove the eup.tiff document and place an eup.pdf there and change the file name in the section to eup.pdf the document doesn't gets embeded in the PDF. The issue only comes up when I try adding a PDF document.
  • 3. Re: 12.1 - AddMultiPageBitmap Rule  - UNIX - PDF & Word Doc Not Supporting
    Dhanraj Newbie
    Hi Steve

I get the below warning when I try embeding the PDF document . The warning doesnt show up when i try embeding the TIFF. Please note I am trying this under a SOLARIS SPARC machine.

Any idea of what the below error refers to :

Visual Integrity Suite:
    TGC variable is not set.
    Please set it to the path where the software is installed.
    Copyright (C) 1994-2007 Visual Integrity
  • 4. Re: 12.1 - AddMultiPageBitmap Rule  - UNIX - PDF & Word Doc Not Supporting
    681910 Newbie
    Hi,

Visual Integrity Suite:
    TGC variable is not set.
    Please set it to the path where the software is installed.
    Copyright (C) 1994-2007 Visual Integrity

I believe the error above indicates the rule is using PDFFly to do the PDF conversion for PDF import. The rule uses Documaker conversion for some TIFF imports and most other document type imports are performed by Oracle Outside In Image Export component.

The Oracle Documaker Enterprise Edition (ODEE) document factory startup script (docfactory.sh) should automatically configure the PDFFly component's TGC environment variable near the top of the script:
    TGC=ORACLE_HOME/documaker/bin
    export TGC
    where ORACLE_HOME is the location you installed ODEE.

Check that reference and make sure it is pointing to the place where the psIIxxx executable file exist, the .grafix_lic file exist and the utility directory exist containing etc and fonts folders. If you do any post-installation manipulation of the installation for redeployment to other servers instead of running the installer again to deploy there may be a problem with your current configuration.

Regards,
    -Steve
  • 5. Re: 12.1 - AddMultiPageBitmap Rule  - UNIX - PDF & Word Doc Not Supporting
    Dhanraj Newbie
    Hi Steven

You got it absolutely right. I set the TGC variable to the direkctory where the software was copied and it was able to import a PDF. As per the 12.0 rulebook(Page no :285: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17552_01/rul_book.pdf), the rule is expected to work for the .DOC file type (Microsoft Word). But when I try using a word document , the rule doesn't import the word doc. I tried the below options and none of them doesn't work.

Option 1: File(/../eup.doc)

DM20316: Error in AddMultiPageTIFF: An error occurred while attempting to load or include images from the TIFF </../eup.doc>.

Option 2: File(/../eup)

DM20316: Error in AddMultiPageTIFF: An error occurred while attempting to load or include images from the TIFF </../eup>.

Option 3: File(/../eup) , TYPE(P)

No Error. But the word document doesnt get embeded in the PDF.

Option 4: File(/../eup.doc) , TYPE(P)

Error Type: syntaxerror
    Current Object: nostringval
    Module: psiparse.c
    Line Number: 203
    File Offset: 0
    WARNING: size==0 @ sysalloc.c # 251
    Unable to allocate image buffer

Also the infomation to import .DOC file type is available only in the 12. Manual . I couldn't see the support for .DOC type explicitily mentioned in the 12.1 rulebook.
    Please advise.

Once again , thanks a lot for your timely responses.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points