This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 6:55 AM by Tom B RSS

Keeping JMS Messages in a dummy domain during deployment and then process

siva(ji) Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Everyone,
I am back to deployment of java application on Weblogic server in my new project. It's been a month of sundays since I used weblogic server. Lot of things got changed for good. I have following requirement. I have been thinking about this requirement for a day or two, could not get any idea or helpful information from the internet.
"
During the deployment, in the production domain, all the external bridges are stopped, so the messages coming to them are stored in a dummy domain which is just an exact replica of the actual domain containing the same structure of jms queues. After the deployment, when the actual domain is up and able to process the messages, the messages stored during outage have to be moved to the corresponding queues. This can be carried out by creating bridges again between these domains, but we are not sure of the bridge configuration is in place as amdocs told that they are doing using scripts. So they are asking me to develop some scripts which need to move messages from one domain queue to another domain queue with a option of no.of messages to be moved at a time. "
Any help or idea on this requirement from the experts of this forum is highly appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance.

regards
Siva
  • 1. Re: Keeping JMS Messages in a dummy domain during deployment and then process
    Tom B Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Digging back in time and noticed this post had no response. There are several options:

* Write an MDB to do the task (a small amount of code -- so a recent WL MDB programmer's guide for examples). Deploy the MDB to the target domain that receives from the source domain. Undeploy the MDB once all messages are transferred.

* Write a java client program.

* Configure and use bridges.

If you want to preserve message-id and timestamp, you can leverage the WLMessageProducer "forward()" verb.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points