8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 3:37 AM by Sadanand Shenoy RSS

FA to GL Reconciliation in R12

user570667
      Hi 2 all

Anybody know that how FA data transfer to GL in technical aspect .i mean which table contain the FA data during the reconciliation in R12
        • 1. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
          Octopus Rex
          Hello,

You can have a look to the SQL behind the Journal Entry Reserve Ledger Report which totals normally match to GL.

Octavio
          • 2. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
            user570667
            Thanks 4 response ,

I analyze this report but there is no relationship b/w FA & GL tables ,this report base on FA_RESERVE_LEDGER_GT table .

i want to reconcile the FA Cost & Deprication with Trial Balance report. FA Cost also matched with Trail Balance but deprication have lot of difference ,so i want to find out the asset id which create the difference .

Regards ,

Zulqarnain
            • 3. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
              Octopus Rex
              Hi,

Did you try FA_DEPRN_DETAIL, FA_DEPRN_SUMMARY, FA_DISTRIBUTION_HISTORY ?

Octavio
              • 4. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
                user570667
                YES ,my calculated cost and deprication match with FA Cost Summary Report ,Reserve Summary Report ,but
                ending balance of Reserve Summary Report is not being match with Trial Balance report.
                • 5. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
                  Octopus Rex
                  Did you consider the possibility of having journals not coming from Assets in the GL accounts?

Octavio
                  • 6. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
                    Sadanand Shenoy
                    Hi,

You can use XLA_AE_HEADERS and XLA_AE_LINES to tie off details between FA and GL.

In R12, as you know there's the concept of Subledger Accounting. Hence you won't be able to directly tie off FA to GL.
                    You'll have to move from FA-> XLA (SLA) -> GL.

FYI, SLA and XLA are the same :) SLA is Sub Ledger Accounting and XLA_* are the table names which store the SubLedger data.

Coming to tieing balances, you are right, in R12, we use _GT to populate the reports and this is "alive" only for a session.

As Octopus Rex mentioned FA_* tables bring data into XLA_* via Create Accounting and then it is transferred to GL.

Please do let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,
                    Sada.
                    • 7. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
                      user570667
                      Thanks Sada.

Actually i want to compare trial balance report with cost and reserve summary report ,as per standard reconcilation procedure cost and reserve summary report ending balances should be matched with trial balance report ending balance ,but in my case there is lot of difference b/w these two reports .that's why i want to find out the asset number which create a difference b/w fa and gl.

If u have any solution ,so plz reply

Zulqarnain
                      • 8. Re: FA to GL Reconciliation in R12
                        Sadanand Shenoy
                        Hi Zulqarnain,

You are welcome.

I understand. The issue you are facing could either be due to:
                        - Data Corruption
                        or
                        - Bug

I.
                        - Did you upgrade recently by any chance?
                        - Were all the periods upgraded as expected?

II.
                        If not upgrade, Is your Cost Summary Report is out of balance?
                        Ie., Asteriks are showing for many lines and the report does not tally to the Trial Balance.

If yes, this may be a Bug. Please check Note:      
                        Cost Summary Report Is Out-Of-Balance And Not Balancing With Trial Balance (Doc ID 561034.1)

III.
                        Check the FA_ADJUSTMENTS, FA_DEPRN_DETAIL and FA_DEPRN_SUMMARY for data sanity.
                        These are the base tables from where the data gets picked by the report.

IV.
                        Apply patch and move to highest version for Cost and Reserve Summary reports

Regards,
                        Sada