1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 6:28 AM by Bhavesh J Shah Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: sending an email
        erics44
        just had a thought mate

do any other processes have to be stopped for this to work?
        • 16. Re: sending an email
          Udo
          No, it should work right away or throw an error message if something went wrong. Hanging indicates a lock problem, i.e. some other session blocks the change.
          If you have access to an enterprise manager console, you may be able to find out which session it is and either make it continue or kill it.

-Udo
          • 17. Re: sending an email
            erics44
            Hi mate
            I left it running over night and it has gone through

i have managed to log on now

thanks a lot for your help it is very much appreciated
            • 18. Re: sending an email
              erics44
              hello again

i went into managed services and the email part and the exchange server was wrong

i changed it, was excited that the issue was fixed but still the same error :(
              • 19. Re: sending an email
                erics44
                sorry mate, i was being daft, it has worked

thanks a million
                • 20. Re: sending an email
                  Udo
                  Hello,

... which brings us back to the status of the mail queue (monitoring is also available in the internal administration, see somewhere above) and the question if you have any log information on your Exchange to determine if APEX actually reaches it or if you have a firewall (possibly on db host, Exchange host or some intermediate network component) that doesn't allow the SMTP traffic.

-Udo
                  • 21. Re: sending an email
                    Udo
                    Good to hear that!
                    You could mark helpful answers and a correct answer in order to make it easier for others to find their way through this long thread. ;)

Thanks,

-Udo
                    • 22. Re: sending an email
                      Bhavesh J Shah
                      Hi there,
                      Just bounced onto your thread on apex forum and was pleasantly surprised to see references to the code I wrote. Feels like meeting the old mate. I know this is very old thread and you have already solved the issue but would be more than happy to help you if you run into any errors with the application. reach me at shahbhav@gmail.com

Thanks,
                      Bhavesh
                      1 2 Previous Next