This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 9:20 AM by Ahsan Shah RSS

file_req_age_band.csv Months the only option?

user9966689 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm attempting to configure the Job Requisitions Age Band dimension via the file_req_age_band.csv but our requirements specify the bands in days not months.

For example:-
0 - 5 Days
5 - 20 Days
20 - 40 Days
40 + Days

This doesn't seem to fit with the Band spreadsheets where month and year are the only options which for age of employees or periods of service seems sensible but not for the length of time a job requisition has been open.

Are there any alternatives I could use?

I don't imagine decimals will work 5 days is not a fixed fraction of a month for example.

Does anyone else on the plant even use the Recruitment subject area?

Cheers
user9966689
  • 1. Re: file_req_age_band.csv Months the only option?
    Ahsan Shah Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    I assume Oracle is doing this at the MONTHLY granularity for the BANDS. This allows a snapshot at the MONTHLY level to see the requisition age bands which helps from a performance standpoint. In your case, you can consider the following options:

- Manually create a report with the "Banding" that you need that reads the LOWEST grain requisition fact table. Depending on your data volumes, you may want to limit the ranges so that performance is not impaired. If you have a > 30 band, you may want to use the MONTHLY out of the box grain. Essentially, do not use the csv for this report banding.

- Customize the ETL process and add a separate table to represent your custom banding at a lower grain..this is a lot more work.

- Create a Materialized view on top of the lowest grain that has these custom bands..this will speed up performance. You will need to refresh this after each load.

If helpful pls mark correct or helpful

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points