This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 1:58 PM by Osama_Mustafa Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Oracle BI in Android mobiles ?

884336 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Is there any apps are available in android market for Oracle BI ?

Thanks,
Murali
  • 1. Re: Oracle BI in Android mobiles ?
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    What you mean by any App ?

racle BI apps is the main business intelligence solution from Oracle. It follows the typical data warehouse architecture. The solution consists of the data warehouse, the pre-packaged dashboard and reports, and the adapters to various OLTP.

Do you need OLTP and Datawarehouse to be On mobile ?
  • 2. Re: Oracle BI in Android mobiles ?
    jgarry Guru
    Many claim to have it, but it depends what you mean. http://www.appszoom.com/android_applications/oracle+bi

Search for android here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/ux/applications/130102-oow2012highlights-1890566.html
  • 3. Re: Oracle BI in Android mobiles ?
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    881333 wrote:

Is there any apps are available in android market for Oracle BI ?
    Latest Apex supports developing web apps for mobile devices.

I doubt that a full blown BI app will be very usable on a smarh phone - which makes a good case for using Apex to develop a mobile web app that shows key reports and indicators from a warehouse/BI system.
  • 4. Re: Oracle BI in Android mobiles ?
    jgarry Guru
    While "android" currently implies smart phones, I think "mobile" is evolving towards various sized devices. You can see iPad mobile BI on oracle.com, and I think similar android tablets will be quite usable soon enough. The difference between those and laptops is really the input device, so someone who needs to create content can use a laptop, and those who just want to look stuff up or monitor dashboards or whatever can use phones and tablets. Of course, devices that can switch between laptop and tablet are already available.

Mental picture of chimp pointing at sales numbers.
  • 5. Re: Oracle BI in Android mobiles ?
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    I guess to have BI mobile application is useful to display dashboard for the company and keep you updated , for example the link that you posted contain application that display information about CRM and ERP. But having These application on the smartphones and tablets means you are working 24/24 hours and you must have some time for your friends and family

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points