4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 9:55 AM by 973967 RSS

pojo data control references

HI all,

Please suggest some use case references and for understanding the POJO data control usage .

i have seen this :http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18941_01/tutorials/jdtut_11r2_36/jdtut_11r2_36.html.

i would like to know prefered appraoch .let say
      if the application request thousands of data on each request/responses (Without ADF BC) . In such kind of applications , suggest me whether to use POJO data control or direct POJO mapping(I.e without data control ).

Thanks
        • 1. Re: pojo data control references
          Frank Nimphius-Oracle
          Hi,

if the model supports pagination (EJB and ADF BC do) then range fetching works though ADF. For POJO, e.g. if you wanted to access WS through JAX-WS proxies, you would implement the index fetching).

See: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/learnmore/37-adf-pojo-pagination-169179.pdf

Frank
          • 2. Re: pojo data control references
            HI Frank ..

Thanks you for the reply .

my questions not about the pagination .

as i told in my application belongs to admin role where admins can do the add users and groups ..etc ... connectes to the back end systems and we are not using the webservice .

so i have two optins 1) Standard pojo data control ( with datacontrol) 2) directly pojo mapping the managed bean with view (without data control).

Since its an datacentri kind of applciation , so i would like to know which option is good ?

thanks
            • 3. Re: pojo data control references
              Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
              The question of whether to use ADF Binding or simple JSF binding has more to do with whether you want to enjoy the reduced coding that the ADF Binding offers.
              For example the drag/drop saves you from having to write EL for each field in your page, or from needing to create managed beans that access the data.

In terms of the volume of data you fetch as Frank indicated - in both approaches it would be up to you to implement features for better performance.
              • 4. Re: pojo data control references
                thanks shay .